“A great tour”

Russian Hill Gourmet Food Tour
Ranked #11 of 114 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun gourmet walking tours in San Francisco and Wine Country.
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This was one of the highlights of our trip to San Francisco. We did the Gourmet on Hayes tour with Beth as our guide. It is an interesting neighborhood and it's fun to try so many delicious foods. I would recommend it to anyone! My husband and I thought it was wonderful. It ended in a Tiki bar - which was a lot of fun. (I think only certain times end at the Tiki Bar so if that's something you want to do - you might want to check)

Reviewed October 29, 2010

Thank you Andrea and Avital for a terrific experience! My wife and I were in San Francisco to celebrate our anniversary and it happened to fall on a day when there was a Chocolate Tour. We decided to give it a try and are really glad we did! Andrea was very helpful in suggesting places for us to stay in the area as we planned our trip and our guide, Avital, really knew her stuff. She was also very easy to talk to and did a wonderful job making our experience extra special. The walking distance of the tour was just right, even for my pregnant wife. When we find ourselves in San Francisco again in the future we are definitely going to attend a tour, maybe the Foodie one next time!

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Had a great time on this "tour". The tour guide, Beth, was very informative on chocolate as well as San Francisco. Beth was very pleasant. You will have plenty of opportunity to sample chocolate, by the end of the tour you'll be putting the chocolate in your bag for later. Beautiful, delicious chocolate at all 7 stops. The walk wasn't too difficult, but for the later tour I'd bring a jacket. Really gave me a better insight on chocolate. YUM!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had an excellent time on our Gourmet Walk - SF Chocolate Tour with our guide John Cruger; he was extremely informative, the tour was much more than what we were expecting (learning the history of some of the areas we were in, and not to mention the best of all, how to taste and appreciate some of complex notes what went into making various types chocolates (loved the chocolate/caramel/bacon bar… very yummie, and the Raspberry dark chocolate heart @ Charles (made with real raspberry, no artificial flavoring A MAZING!!!). We all had a wonderful time, we are now converted chocolate snobs, thanks to John ;) I would highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed October 6, 2010

What a wonderful way to spend a girls trip and a fabulous value. Our group of 7 have continued to talk about what a great experience it was and still stuffed from all the culinary delights. Hayes Valley was a interesting spot to experience that none of us had experienced on past trips and finishing off with Chocolate and Wine at cocolux was fabulous...still munching on our left overs. I highly recommend this group and would gladly book again for another tour in Napa or other areas! Our guide Avetal was wonderful and a wealth of knowledge.