“Awesome tour for Chocolate lovers!!”

Gourmet Walks - Fun Foodie Tours
Ranked #20 of 126 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun gourmet walking tours in San Francisco and Wine Country.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I do not often take organized tours when on vacation, but were lured in by the prospect of taking a tour of chocolate in San Francisco. That was an excellent decision. The tour began with a little bit of information on the history of chocolate, how it is made, and current information on the chocolate industry. It was all very interesting. We enjoyed all of the background information. We then learned how to taste the chocolate to get the full flavor of the chocolate. Then it was on to the tour, and what a tour it was. I know that there is no way we would have found all of the wonderful chocolate on our own. I can safely say, that it was the best chocolate I have ever experienced. Last, but not least, our tour guide Nicole was fabulous! She was very knowledgeable and a lot of fun. I highly recommend her and this tour to any Chocolate lover.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 21 reviews
"three hours"

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This was a great day tasting chocolate in San Francisco. This tour was worth every penny! Our tour guide.... Nicole..... Is a Chocolate Goddess! She really made the time fun and very interesting with her knowledge of chocolate and San Francisco. Again, this was a great day we will remember for a long time. I will never taste chocolate in the same way again! One more thing... You get what you pay for. Remember that when scheduling a tour.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My first ever "Food Walk" - and it will not be my last if they are all like this. I learned more about food from our guide, Shane, in the first 30 minutes than I knew in the past 30 years! Seriously, you think you are a foodie because you go out 3-5 times a week, then along comes a tour and someone who knows her stuff AND she makes it fun! We also had a great group of foodies on this tour as well. One stop, I asked the bartender about some of his favorites and was offered a special tasting. I will not only book more tours with Gourmet Walks, I will look for Shane to guide them!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic time on our chocolate tour. Our tour guide, Nicole, was informative, engaging and entertaining throughout the tour. She provided eye-opening insight into the not-so-savory side of the chocolate industry and broadened our horizons regarding chocolate-making and tasting. Our experience on this tour forever changed the way that we taste and enjoy chocolate, granting us even deeper enjoyment of our favorite confection. Nicole also gave us excellent recommendations for local food, wine and beer. Overall this was a phenomenal tour and I would recommend it to any chocolate lover or anyone looking to enjoy another facet of San Francisco.