“NoPa and a great guide”

Gourmet Walks - Fun Foodie Tours
Ranked #20 of 126 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun gourmet walking tours in San Francisco and Wine Country.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My first ever "Food Walk" - and it will not be my last if they are all like this. I learned more about food from our guide, Shane, in the first 30 minutes than I knew in the past 30 years! Seriously, you think you are a foodie because you go out 3-5 times a week, then along comes a tour and someone who knows her stuff AND she makes it fun! We also had a great group of foodies on this tour as well. One stop, I asked the bartender about some of his favorites and was offered a special tasting. I will not only book more tours with Gourmet Walks, I will look for Shane to guide them!

All reviews
"great tour"
in 21 reviews
"three hours"

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic time on our chocolate tour. Our tour guide, Nicole, was informative, engaging and entertaining throughout the tour. She provided eye-opening insight into the not-so-savory side of the chocolate industry and broadened our horizons regarding chocolate-making and tasting. Our experience on this tour forever changed the way that we taste and enjoy chocolate, granting us even deeper enjoyment of our favorite confection. Nicole also gave us excellent recommendations for local food, wine and beer. Overall this was a phenomenal tour and I would recommend it to any chocolate lover or anyone looking to enjoy another facet of San Francisco.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a treasure chest of foodie options nestled away in this neighborhood! This is a great idea for locals as well as tourists to experience a glimpse of delicious food ideas, you can't help but find something new and unique. We had a wonderful tour guide, Shane, who led us through the area to enjoy a variety of food presented with a unique twist! You have to try this out! You too will say - NoPa? YES!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This tour was a delight! The guide, Ahmet, was very informative, giving us restaurant and cooking suggestions, in addition to a lot of info re chocolate production, and food and wine pairings. The chocolates and drinks were outstanding. There were so many samples, I couldn't even eat them all! This is the second Gourmet Walks Tour my husband and I have done. They do a great job!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 26, 2014

As a visitor from outside the US on my first trip to San Francisco, I found this tour to be a great way to find locally made chocolate, find out about food options more generally in the area, and experience some very pleasant company. You get what you pay for and this tour was suitably luxurious. Our guide was Ahmet and he was very knowledgable about chocolate, drink and other foods, and suitably enthusiastic and curious about our experiences. After initially feeling a bit shy among the strangers in the group, I soon found everyone to be very nice, friendly and the whole experience to be pleasantly sociable. No doubt this was helped by starting out with a cocktail, having multiple hot chocolates, sampling a range of types of chocolate and ending up with an array of matched wines and individual chocolates. The attention to production processes, local chocolate-makers and regions fits this tour well. Needless to say, you also get opportunities to buy chocolate during the tour as well as discount card that is valid for a week, but with this is a high standard of hospitality no one does a hard sell.