“Above and beyond”
Review of Winery Collective

Winery Collective
Ranked #227 of 564 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste over 50 wines from more than two dozen boutique wineries across California while visiting Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Wine tastings daily from 11a-9p. No appointment necessary.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped in here twice on our short trip to San Francisco! My husband and I had been on a wine tour the day before and I was sufficiently impressed with the wine selection. Both on nights the service was excellent, I am so mad that i can't remember his name. The bar was busy but he informed me about the wines and was very good at answering my questions. I had been making my husband taste wine with me all day, so he said to the server " I don't suppose you have a cold beer for me?" The server responded that they didn't serve beer only wine, but that he had a couple of beer left there from a party a couple days before. He gave my husband his last 2 beer and didn't even charge him for them. Made my husbands day! That is good service and because my husband was happy, I was able to sit and enjoy more good wine.

2  Thank irishfemme99

Reviewed October 3, 2012

As a winemaker from Canada, I was really looking forward to trying some California wines. What a surprise...... My wife and I arrived around 12:30 PM. The young lady seemed to be receptive but the "gentleman" told us the room was booked for a private tasting and we would have to leave. Seeing as the place was empty, a short tasting would have been an easy thing to accomodate. He told me to come back at 2:00 PM. We showed up at 2:30 PM and the tasting was now in progress. After a short argument, we left NEVER TO RETURN. If you want to close your place........ LOCK THE DOOR OR PUT A DO NO DISTURB SIGN UP.

2  Thank winemakingguy
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We discovered this on our last evening in SF, my wife and I were really excited to try a selection of Californian wines before we went to a winery in Sanoma Valley. When we went in and sat at the bar the bar man hardly acknowledged, we selected a $20 tasting experience, they only have 4. When pouring out the wines we were told very little about the wine and felt the bar man would be happier if we hadn't come in, he seemed more interested reading. I would not return here as there are much better wine tasting experiences around.

3  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Went here based on the reviews expecting a good time, the staff were incredibly rude and told us nothing about the wine, not even the region it was from. Save your money ($25 for 5 small samples) for a different wine tasting experience, it cannot be as bad as here.

4  Thank dddddon
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We only had 3 full days in SF and thus did not have enough time to visit the redwoods nor the vineyards; so my wife and I tried this. The Collective is located on Jefferson Street in the Cannery Building in between Fisherman’s Wharf and Ghirardelli. Just $15/person to try 5 wines with 4 groupings to chose from. It was at 8:30 on a week night, so we were the only ones there and it was very laid back. Hostess was very knowledgeable and good. Good way to end a day. Only wish is that they had more vineyards represented.