“Worst Mother's Day Dinner!”

S & T Hong Kong Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2,470 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Sunset
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I made the reservation for a party of six to have dinner with our family at this restaurant on Mother's Day. After we sat down, we wanted the menu to order our favorite dishes. However, the waiter informed us the regular menu was not available on Mother's Day. Instead, we could only select from one of their dinner packages, which was based on the number of people in a party. For six people, they offered two selections: one package for $178 and the other one for $189.
I wish the restaurant would inform me of this limited selection when I phoned in to make the reservation a couple days before Mother's Day. That way we could have a chance to decide whether to still go and order one of the 2 packages or go somewhere else. Instead they told us when we sat down to try to order!
We had no choices besides the 2 predetermined packages at $178 and $189. The final bill came close to $300 for six people. The worst part about this was that my family didn't even enjoy most of the dishes from the dinner package preselected by the restaurant!
I understand the purpose of business is to try and make a good profit. However what they did was deceptive, gouging the customer. I will never go back to this restaurant again!

1  Thank MFK_13

Reviewed July 16, 2010

I know this is a seafood restaurant, but I love Peking duck and someone else had recommended it. The flavor was terrific and it was perfectly cooked. The only other dish the table had was a vegetable chow fun which was quite tasty as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 8, 2010

Better than Ton Kiang and Yank Sing. Better quality food and much cheaper!