Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Terrific!!!! Highly recommend!!

We could not say enough about this fantastic walking tour! We have traveled all over and we were... read more

Reviewed June 17, 2017
Michelle D
via mobile
Authentic Indeed!

Darin Ow-Wing (Director of Eduction and Engagement) with the Chinese Culture Foundation of SF was... read more

Reviewed April 29, 2017
Niko B

All reviews buddhist temple tea tasting fortune cookie factory walking tour of chinatown highly recommend this tour fantastic walking cultural experience school groups tour guide small group knowledge information sf artwork audience
Reviewed December 5, 2016

The tour surpassed my expectations in all respects. Julia, our tour guide, is incredibly passionate about Asian studies and has a MS in this field. I would listen to her all day long! The tour was fun and very informative at the same time. I highly recommend it. It's one of the best walking tours I took in San Francisco.

Darin O, Manager at Chinese Culture Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Sorry to take so long to respond. Isn't Julia great! More than just a docent, she also set up our online booking system and has helped us with so much else here at CCC! Well, thanks for visiting Chinatown!

Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Our tour today was great with guide Julia! She is very knowledgeable about the history of Chinese-Americans in San Francisco, particularly regarding social justice. The tea tasting, herbal store, temple visit, and fortune cookie factory were a nice addition as well. I highly recommend this tour!

Thank you for this review! Julia really is great!

Reviewed November 27, 2016

Our tour guide Julia was incredibly well versed in the history of Chinatown and the history of the Chinese who inhabit the area. She has a passion for the Chinese people and their culture. She is also a lot of fun! Julia tailored the tour to her audience and went above and beyond showing us the sites she thought would most interest us. We had a lovely time and were completely delighted with our tour.

that's right! Yeah for Julia!

Thanks for your review.

Reviewed November 13, 2016

What a wonderful surprise and a highlight of our San Francisco visit. History, architecture, politics, local life all in an afternoon. We strolled with our guide who brought Chinatown to life with stories of the immigrants who lived there.

Thanks for your review! We strive to be as informative and thoughtful as possible.

Reviewed November 4, 2016

This is one of the best walking tours I have ever taken anywhere--and I am a 3rd generation San Franciscan who thought I "knew" Chinatown! We took our friends from Cleveland and we all so appreciated learning the history and current situation in Chinatown through our guide Darin who told personal stories entertwined with his incredible knowledge and love for this special and unique area. I totally recommend this tour. It is not your typical tourist tour!

Thanks so much for this review! I'm sorry this has taken so long....I'm sort of a late adopter when it comes to technology, and I didn't even realize we could respond to all of our reviews! Silly. Anyway, if you visit again please stop by and say hello.