“Appalling service”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Appalling service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We decided to cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge and came upon this company by chance. We had been recommended to use one of their competitors but this was the shop we arrived at first and thought we would use them - what difference would it make? Well I can tell you, we now know the competitors are so friendly and helpful, which is the complete opposite of these guys.
The men who served us were so rude and they made you feel like you were an inconvenience. The bikes were perfectly fine and we had a great day, but don't use this company if you plan to hire a bike in SF.

Visited July 2013

RANCHO PALOS VERDES
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun and friendly...”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and two sons (13 & 17) were looking to do something fun in San Francisco. We saw a number of flyers for a few different bike rentals that showed a ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. Since we were a short walk to Fisherman's Wharf, we walked in to the first bike rental place, Bike and Roll (they have numerous locations, but this one was near Ghiradelli Square). The employees were very pleasant and not too over the top to get us in the door and sell. We mentioned seeing their web site and asked about a 10% discount offer. They honored the discount without hesitation, got me to fill out the paperwork, gave a brief talk about the bike route and then a couple of others made sure we knew how to operate the bikes. Although the day was a bit overcast and windy, we made the 8 mile ride across the bridge, coasted down a nice hill in to Saucelito, hung out a bit, and then made our way back to the Wharf via the Ferry. What a great experience! With the discount, it cost us about $40 each including the Ferry ride. Not a bad deal... I highly recommend the experience.

Visited July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“You MUST make this ride”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We rented a tandem bike and a bike with an extender wheel/seat so we could make the ride across the Golden Gate with our 5 and 8 year olds and it was great. They could give better directions but they had a large selection of equipment at decent prices. We threw a chain but managed to get it back on ourselves.

Bristol, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Poor service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wouldn't use them again as their staff could do with a few lessons in customer service and there bikes aren't looked after very well. Dispensing bikes to the public that aren't roadworthy is not good if you want repeat business. If you do hire from these guys, take a toolkit, you may need it when your handlebars almost fall off! They say they'll come out but that's no good when you nearly crash into a load of pedestrians on the bridge! My advice to Bike and Roll - Service your bikes once in a while and believe your customers when they tell you the bike has a problem.... Otherwise you'll find that you'll have no customers left.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good trip, but do it with someone else”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The trip itself was amazing, me and my girlfriend hired a tandem bike to cycle over the bridge, the first bike we were given had uneven front and back pedals, and the rear handle bars where at an angle so aligning them would un align the front seat, we stated this and where given another one. we had a great time until we got over the bridge and the handlebars came loose causing me, at the front to loose control of the bike and slip off the pedals and scratch up my leg and my girlfriend to rip her shorts, the bridge is busy enough without having no steering, luckily a tour guide saw our problem and offered us an an Allen key so we could continue our journey, after returning we showed the staff my leg and my girlfriends shorts and asked for at least a small discount as the bike had obviously not been properly serviced, the staff where very rude and completely ignored us and continued to charge us I had to be very blunt with them to get any answer which was "got should have called us and you should have checked it before you left" if I had called them, we would of had to walk the bike to the end of the bridge and waited, and how can we check a bike when they don't provide any tools to do so, you check over a hire car when you get it, you don't give it a full MOT so I will never go with them again sure to there rude staff and badly kept bikes.