“Good trip, but do it with someone else” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bike and Roll San Francisco

Bike and Roll San Francisco
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good trip, but do it with someone else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The trip itself was amazing, me and my girlfriend hired a tandem bike to cycle over the bridge, the first bike we were given had uneven front and back pedals, and the rear handle bars where at an angle so aligning them would un align the front seat, we stated this and where given another one. we had a great time until we got over the bridge and the handlebars came loose causing me, at the front to loose control of the bike and slip off the pedals and scratch up my leg and my girlfriend to rip her shorts, the bridge is busy enough without having no steering, luckily a tour guide saw our problem and offered us an an Allen key so we could continue our journey, after returning we showed the staff my leg and my girlfriends shorts and asked for at least a small discount as the bike had obviously not been properly serviced, the staff where very rude and completely ignored us and continued to charge us I had to be very blunt with them to get any answer which was "got should have called us and you should have checked it before you left" if I had called them, we would of had to walk the bike to the end of the bridge and waited, and how can we check a bike when they don't provide any tools to do so, you check over a hire car when you get it, you don't give it a full MOT so I will never go with them again sure to there rude staff and badly kept bikes.

Naples
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Don't even look at other bike rental places - This place is Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Did the whole Trip Advisor search - Asked the concierge - Looked for coupons. Ended up with Bike and Roll for our bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. WOW. First off you have to do this (bike across the bridge) secondly the folks at Bike & Roll make it easy. Of course they have great equipment and a fair price ($5 coupon if you look for it too). The staff is EXTREMELY well trained. They make the paperwork quick. Help make sure you have the right size bike and explain everything about the ride. They even show you pictures of what it will look like at every turn. They provide you with ferry tickets incase you decide to take the ferry back (most do) if you don't use them you give them back - no charge - if you use them they just add it to the bill. They even have one of their representatives waiting in Sausalito at the ferry in case you have any questions. Even if I tried I am not sure I could come up with one constructive or negative comment. WOW!

Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unforgettable way of enjoying the Golden Gate Bridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We rented 4 bikes from near fishermans wharf and rode the standard route to Sausalito to catch the ferry back. Original plans to extend our route over the presidio to see the beaches on the other side were abandoned due to hilly terrain. Going over the bridge was great, though some kind of mass protest going on by a mix of healthcare workers and environmentalists spoilt it a bit. The kids and I felt energetic enough the other side to ride up the hill about half a mile to get the best afternoon sun views of the bridge with the city behind. Worth doing. Fairly easy ride round to Sausalito which is a pretty place to stop for refreshments. The ferry company have an impenetrable token system for the hoards of bike riders, which meant we had to wait an extra half hour to get on a boat back. I think all the bike companies offer pretty much the same deal, overall I'd recommend it highly.

Chichester, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Must do activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This was probably our best time in SF. Bike across the bridge,lunch in the prettiest town then ferry back. Get your ferry tickets when you arrive in Sausalito to avoid long queues. Enjoyed by parents and 17 and 18 year olds equally. All along safe cycle paths. Well done SF

1 Thank Edders2907
New Haven, Connecticut
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a once in a life time opportunity to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge! We showed up at about 2:30 fresh off the Napa valley wine tour and wanted to squeeze this in before joining our group at 6:30 for a dinner reservation. The staff was great and helpful..lets face it I am a 44 year old grandmother that had not been on a bike since I was a teen, I was not going to get the opportunity again. Only only one slight stretch of true by the staff was that the ride would be a near flat experience..lol( I know SF right.) took a bit a walking up a few hills but we got across and enjoyed the view from the other side. We did not have a guide and if there a closing time we did not hear it, we got back at 6:20 . With the insurance ($4) I paid about 38 in total for 3 hours.. (Not whining )vacations are never cheap and the experience is priceless. The staff was so great and funny right down to having them strapping my hamlet on for me and sending us off. It was incredibly fun!!