“Worst 60 bucks we spent in San Fran”
Review of Jack's Beer Spot

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We stopped in for dinner, to have a few beers and hear the live music. The live music was great, but the service and food terrible.

We seated ourselves and our waiter came right to our table to give menus. The first thing we noticed was that they do not accept credit cards. They had an ATM on site but this was an inconvenience and I had to pay the ATM fee. But, we were planted and the music was starting so we stayed. My spouse asked for a Molson, as there were Molson signs around the bar. Waiter came back to say, sorry, they don't sell Molson. OK, strike one.

We ordered our food, me a cheeseburger and my spouse the lobster tail and sirloin. Took forever for the food to arrive. We must have waited over 30 minutes. During this time, we noticed two women enter, sit down right across from us, wait and wait to be served, then finally got up and left. They were waiting for nearly 20 minutes and no one came and took their order. Note, the bar is within 20 feet and full view of these tables, and there were at least 5 staff people standing around behind the bar talking. No one came out to help these women...so they left. Strike 2.

The food finally came...there were only 2 tables that our waiter had to serve, and I watched him deliver our food to the wrong table. I couldn't believe it. 2 tables and he couldn't remember who to deliver the food to? That's how long it had been since we had ordered. Even he forgot. Strike 3.

When he brought the food to us, he offered a second beer to my spouse, but did not offer to refill my coke glass, which was completely empty. So I drank water.

The food was bland, and lobster and sirloin very boring and incredibly small portion (yet they charged $20.00 for it), my cheeseburger was $9.00 plus $3.25 for a side of fries. And my husband's two beers were $6.50 each. Yikes. Plunked down our $60.00 from the ATM and got the hell out of there.

1  Thank gobadgerzzz
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stopped in at Jack's for a few beers on Sunday afternoon recently. There were about 4-6 people at the bar at the time. The bartender attended to us for the first round, but when it came time for a 2nd round, he ran past us at least 6-8 times before my husband was finally able to stop him to ask for another beer. Usual bartenders notice when glasses are empty and pushed forward. We got another round and decided that we'd come back for dinner that night, so we left. We came back that night and there were about 3 tables of people eating dinner. No one was 'hostessing' the front, so we sat ourselves. We waited approx. 15 minutes, the waitress walked past us several times to attend to other tables, she didn't even glance our way. Another waitress pointed us out to her, but still nothing. She continued to chat and socialize with the bartender and other waitresses at the bar. She occasionally would tend to the other diners, but not once did she stop at our table, offer us a menu, wipe our table. Nothing. Finally, after waiting for so long, we got up to leave. My husband stopped her and asked 'What does someone have to do to get service around here??" She looked completely dumbfounded. We walked out and took our business (and money!) elsewhere.
Bottom line? Want a good beer? Jack's is not a bad place. Want a good dinner? Go somewhere else!!!