“don't eat here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Beach Street Grill
Ranked #172 of 5,627 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
scottsdale,az
“don't eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

we new the minute we walked in the door and did not get bombarded by the smell of bacon and sausage cooking we should probate turn around but it was recommended by the concierge and a couple we asked sitting outside said it had good reviews we thought we'd give it a try.....trust your instincts people! I ordered homemade Grenola with yogurt and fruit....lets just say I have never had Grenola that had the consistency of cookie dough....I love raw cookie dough.... this wasn't anywhere near as good except for the two spoonfuls out if the bowl that had nuts in it.as for my honey....he was definitely not a happy camper....and by the way we asked for the name of a good greasy spoon....there was definitely nothing greasy here ......maybe this is how the other half eat...you know the raw diet vegans which there is nothing wrong with that....but not for us when we are on vacation.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Gilroy
“Wonderful Breakfast--Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

At 8:30 am on a Sunday, we needed a place for breakfast. We had reservations for a special art exhibition at the DeYoung Museum, and needed to eat fast and well. Three or four neighborhood breakfast places had lines, but we walked past this one and there were some vacant tables. We walked in, were immediately greeted amidst the busy diners and servers, and enjoyed excellent service and wonderful food. I had the Crab Benedict. I consider myself a "Benedict Expert"; I always order some sort of Benedict when I'm out for breakfast, and this one didn't disappoint. Lots of crab, lots of avocado, eggs just right . . . it was very, very good. My partner had a crab omelette. She's not much of an egg eater--prefers pancakes--but she said the omelettes others were enjoying looked so good, she had the omelette, and it was loaded with crab.

Prices were reasonable (standard for Fisherman's Wharf area), but the quality of the food, the attentive service, and the amenities in general make this an outstanding breakfast choice.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shropshire
“Best Burger I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Thursday 7th Feb 2013 and it is a lovely crisp sunny morning in San Fran: the sun was smashing into the front of this place and the sidewalk table and chairs looked so inviting. Our airport transport was coming at quarter past one: plenty of time for our last meal before the flight home then.

On one of the outside tables was a display plate of a Cheeseburger and Fries: this pulled me towards it and the guy promised mine would look the same if I ordered one. Well, it was fantastic, it looked just like the display and tasted divine, the wife omitted the cheese and fries with her burger, choosing a salad to accompany hers. We left nothing on either plate.

Really impressed with this place: highly recommended and I mean the comment in my title about the best burger I've ever had.

<*))))))><

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Find, Lots of Choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Mid Sunday morning looking for a place for breakfast or brunch, and happened to walk by. As other restaurants had waiting lines, we were able to review the menu prior to being seated which we were straight away. Decided on the two specials of the day, and what wonderful choices they were! Crab Benedict that was loaded with crab and just the right amount of hollandaise sauce. And special pancakes, with a hint of sweetness stuffed with blueberries and topped with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar. In a word, YUM. In another word, GO. You won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2013
Denver
“great food with a variety of choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to Beach Street Grill for breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed the California Girl omelet with a cup of fresh fruit. Maybe the best omelet I've ever had, not huge and artificially filled with pancake batter, just 3 fresh eggs, fresh bacon, avocado, tomatoes yummmmm. All there food is organic, homemade, fresh. We tried to return before our vacation was over, but didn't make it back. This is a definite recommend.

One of the waiters was suddenly called out of town and we had the owner waiting on our table, it was just a fun, energetic start to our day.

• Visited January 2013