“Beautiful and tranquil”

$39.00*
San Francisco Parks and Coast Tour
Ranked #41 of 552 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Four-acre refuge in Golden Gate Park featuring Japanese architecture and gardens.
Reviewed July 20, 2010

This was a nice treat while visiting San Francisco. The Tea House is a great place to warm up in San Francisco. Order any of the varieties of Tea that are served and the small sandwiches to tide you over until dinner. Then walk the rest of the garden and enjoy the scenery. Once you are done inside the garden, find the bus that takes you through Golden Gate Park and work your way towards the Pacific. Get out at the end and walk around the Dutch Wind Mill. After that work your way over to the Beach Chalet for dinner and drinks. Hopefully, you will get an amazing sunset!

2  Thank Efm23
There are newer reviews for Japanese Tea Garden

Reviewed May 28, 2010

My husband and I visited the Japanese Tea Garden located in Golden Gate Park in late March 2010. The admission was $7 per person. The cherry trees and pink azaleas were in full bloom. It made for some great photo opportunities and was a relaxing stroll. The garden is fairly small and we were probably there for an hour or so. I definitely think it was worth it that time of year and especially if you have never visited a Japanese garden. Also, try the observation tower at the de young museum nearby. It was free and offers a 360 degree view of the city.

2  Thank lini04
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I toured this tiny area of Golden Gate Park on my own. It doesn't take long. I was lucky enough to be ther when the cherry blossoms were out. It is popular. The steep price for visitors of $7 seemed a bit much to me, but I paid it anyway. I am glad to have seen it, but it could have been cheaper.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

Very small garden and little plant diversity. Only takes 10 minutes to see it all. $7 for tourists and $5 foe city residents. Parking on a Saturday was horrendous and not free. It is in Golden Gate park (3 miles long), we spent 15 minutes driving around trying to find it. There were no signs in the park to help visitors. We were there end of March, my wife loves flora and was very disappointed.

1  Thank gunnman
Reviewed March 26, 2010

The structural features were very interesting. The flowering shrubs were wonderful. Very charming but $5 is a more appropriate admission charge, not the $7 we paid.