“Pretty garden with lots to see”

Japanese Tea Garden
$111.50*
San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Ticket and Alcatraz Tour
Ranked #40 of 567 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Four-acre refuge in Golden Gate Park featuring Japanese architecture and gardens.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a pretty garden with lots to see but it's smaller than I expected. We meandered gently round the tea garden and still spent less than 45 minutes here. It's worth a visit but I'm not sure it justifies the entry fee.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,858)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm sure this appeals more to some tastes than others, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Everything there was very nice, but this is a small park and in my opinion it was not worth the admission. Again, everything was very nice, just not my thing.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Japanese Tea Garden is located right in Golden Gate Park a few minutes walk from the de Young Museum and the California Academy of Sciences. Try to go during times of free entry, as it can get pretty expensive in a group paying $7/person. The garden is like looking through a postcard, well manicured plants, nice ponds with Koi, interesting buildings and sculptures and a very peaceful spot in general. Cool bridge to take a picture on and a little gift shop and a sitting area to have tea. Doesn't take very long to go though the whole garden, but it's a nice place to relax and enjoy the sights.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

If you can go on a day you don't have to pay - do it.

On a very quiet day I can see why it would be tranquil and a nice place to gather your thoughts, but when I went it was pretty packed, AND I had to pay $7 for the privilege of just going in.

It's not big enough for my liking, though what is there is quite nice (I had tea there which was ok)....Just not worth paying for or going out of your way to see.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

It's a nice relaxation spot but didn't feel much more than that... We went there Friday morning when the entrance is free (till 10am), weren't that impressed.

1  Thank Shlomit R