Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM

from $30.00
from $105.00
from $85.00
2,241 results
All reviews golden gate park entrance fee stepping stones japanese culture water features gardens are beautiful free admission peaceful place gift shop de young museum fortune cookies walk around pagoda bonsai trees bridge beauty
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My aunt who lives in SF took my friend and I to the Japanese Tea Garden, amazing ! This was my second time but first time for my friend. There is so much beautiful plants and little ponds with huge fish. We had coffees, little petit fours and fortune cookies. Very friendly staff asking us where we came from etc. We bought some souvenirs from the gift shop. A must if your in SAN Francisco !

Reviewed 4 days ago

The price of admission may keep one from entering the Japanese Tea Garden, but do enter. There are paths to wander through, pagodas to discover, small fountains to watch, allowing one's thoughts to be calm. A small teahouse offers tea choices and small snacks. A gift shop has some beautiful objects to look at... and, make special souvenirs.

2  Thank lenak63
Reviewed 1 week ago

We went at 9.30 am on a monday morning.
We didn't realise until we arrived that entry from 9am until 10am was free every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
As we entered this very green pretty landscaped garden, we were immediately impressed by it's feeling of peace and tranquility. It's a great place away from busy traffic and the hustle and bustle of 21st century life.
Since we got in for free, we wanted to contribute in some other way, so we went to the indoor/ outdoor tea room area, where we purchased a pot of sencha tea, some delicious salted edamame beans and a series of very interesting mango, strawberry and kiwi flavoured Kuzu mochi cubes. All were vegan, and very tasty.
Our favourite things were the beautiful Bhudda Statue, the Pagoda, the tall Bridge (which you could scramble over, for a great photo opportunity) and the pool with fabulous Koi Carp.
Adults could easily spend perhaps one and a half hours there.
I would definitely recommend this beautiful garden.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have taken many relatives and friends to this place through the years. Sadly for some unexplained reason this garden has fallen on hard times. Paint is pealing on many of the buildings, dead dwarf maple trees lie around, the walking pathways are cracked and falling apart. The attitude of the staff is confrontational and rude. This garden needs an serious help.

To see a nice Japanese garden, go to Portland.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

For the price of admission I was expecting a little larger place. But it was a very peaceful well maintained garden and a very nice gift shop. My big problem with the Garden is it's accessibility. While visiting there was a man in a wheel chair. He was with a young couple (thank goodness). They were attempting to get him down a pathway (near the bathrooms). There were 3 ways to get to the lower level of the garden in that area; steps, crossing a brook using stepping stones, or a ramped path. The ramped path was very steep. Much to steep for a wheelchair to navigate safely without any assistance. The other problem was that the pathway was wet and coated in mud which of course made it even MORE difficult for a wheelchair to navigate. The man's friends helped with one holding the back handles and one holding the front as to slow the speed. They were having a very tough time and barely made it without having a runaway wheelchair. This situation would also be difficult for an elderly person using a walker. But at least someone using a walker could opt for the stairs. This ramp incline needs to be addressed. If you are a handicapped accessable facility then you should be compliant. I posted a photo of the ramped path.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Not the first time visiting, but the first time with a tour guide, not affiliated with the Tea Garden. This made the visit outstanding and helped my daughter and I appreciate the cultural significance of this gem to the city of San Francisco. The history presented was enlightening and prompted me to see the beauty of the garden in a new light. Take a bit of time to explore the history and you will be delighted by the experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Before I exited the garden I took a few steps back to take a picture of the entrance from the inside, however I was asked if I had a ticket even though I had just passed by the person doing the asking.

Near Golden Gate Bridge,
it's a well maintained garden but Nothing much to see against ticket of 9$/person,

1  Thank RK7745
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know why there are so many positive comments! Guys, seriously, have you ever been to Asia? This tea garden can hardly be called “garden”. It took about max 15 minutes to go through, the tiniest garden I’ve ever visited. And it didn’t feel welcoming already at the entrance while purchasing the tickets coz of the staff’s attitude. Hmm, it is OK but definitely not worth to pay 9 dollars to visit!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this was a must on my bucket list and I was not disappointed, the place just made relax more then I have in very long time. I would recommend the garden and yes I will go back.