“Fantastic venue. Go for the architecture as well as the music.”

San Francisco Symphony
Ranked #81 of 534 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Presents and performs over 220 concerts annually, from September through July. In 2011-12 celebrates its 100th centennial season- learn more at our website.
Pacifica, California, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic venue. Go for the architecture as well as the music.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This classic building has become one of SF's icons. It's located at Civic Center and there is plenty of garage parking as well as great restaurants nearby. The lobby of the building remains one of my favorites. We usually sit in upper orchestra which is a great buy for the quality of the sound. Choose your favorite program and try not to miss the annual Halloween silent movie night with organ accompaniment and patrons in costumes. It's a blast.

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Attended a Messiah concert at Christmas”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Friends bought us two seats for the Messiah presented at Christmas time. A friend sings with the chorus. Though we have been to the opera numerous times and love it, this was our first trip to Davies. Very comfortable seats. I am a taller, larger guy and felt very comfortable. Acoustics were excellent. Very comfortable concert hall. Staff and ushers very helpful and friendly. Would recommend it to everyone of all ages.

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, CA
354 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Great orchestra!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Such a pleasure to have such an excellent collection of musicians so ably led by talented conductors.

Pick up a program or visit online. You're bound to find something you will want to hear.

Visited September 2012
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SF Symphony”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you are lucky enough, you will attend a performance of the orchestra led by Michael Tilson Thomas, but any of the guest coductors will be a rewarding experience. A world class orchestra in every sense.

St. Louis
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great music...poor cab experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Having just arrived at my B&B, I was happy to find the Symphony was performing that night. Since I was staying pretty far away and was new to the city, I gladly took a cab. Totally enjoyed both the excellent music and the obvious pride the patrons had for their Orchestra. Upon leaving, finding a cab took forever and the one I did find was driven by a surly man who had hard rap music blaring on his radio. I was afraid to ask him to turn it down, so the lovely melodies I had hoped I would carry through the night with me were driven out of my brain. Obviously not the Symphony's fault, but I would recommend visitors arrange for a decent cab to return them from the performance.

Visited October 2012