“Nutcracker”

San Francisco Opera
Ranked #80 of 534 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: We have been thrilling audiences in San Francisco since 1923. We are known for commissioning numerous world premieres, training some of opera's greatest young artists and being one of the world's leading opera companies. Come visit us during our fall season (September - early December) or our summer season (late May - early July) and enjoy an incredible night out.
Dallas, Tx
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nutcracker”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The building was beyond beautiful. The ballet was exquisite, at least what I could see of it. I must have had the worst seat in the house (seat closest to the wall) and could not see the dancers or scenery on stage right:(

Just a hint: The bathrooms are mens on one side and ladies on the other. I, of course, was on the men's side and the line at the women's was long by the time I made it to the opposite side.

Taxi hint: Upon leaving, I noticed a ton of cabs and buses all blocking the street out front. I walked to the cross street (left upon leaving the opera house) and caught a cab that could go straight and avoided the traffic jam. I was back at my hotel in 10 minutes.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great venue with good service”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The experience obviously depends mainly on the quality of the performance. But the SF Opera House is a great venue with a nice atmosphere, good acoustics, pleasant staff and good eating options. A special plus for the taxi service afterwards.

Visited November 2013
Alameda, California
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“it was a nice evening”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

we had great seats behind the orchestra and a good few of the stage, probably will get Balcone the next time.
The best was the dinner prior to the show and the friendly people we visited with. Nice time was had by all

Visited December 2013
El Paso, Texas
“First Time”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was our first opera and we are now hooked. The pre-opera orientation was fantastic. It helped us know what was coming next. The opera house is a beautiful building!

Visited November 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“World class”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I watched Mephistophele at SF Opera and we appreciated it a lot!
The neoclassic building is an attraction by itself.
The staff was very kind and helpful.
The bass in the title role was fantastic, really world class. Although the Faust character had some sort of problem requiring a voice substitute, it has not compromised the high quality of the spectacle. The cosumes, stage, orchestra, everything was remarkable.
Truly recommend.