“Do Not Miss”

Beach Blanket Babylon
More attraction details
Owner description: On June 7, 1974, Steve Silver produced a small show in the back room of the Savoy Tivoli Restaurant in San Francisco. The show was to run for six weeks. That was over 37 years ago... Today, Steve Silver's Beach Blanket Babylon has the distinguished title of "World's Longest Running Musical Revue." The show - a musical spoof known internationally for its extravagant costumes, outrageous hats, show-stopping numbers and hilarious puns of pop culture and political character - has been seen by over 5.5 Million people, including HRC Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall as well as some of Hollywood's biggest stars. "Steve Silver's Beach Blanket Babylon," hailed as "a constant cascade of showstoppers" by the "San Francisco Chronicle", follows Snow White as she takes a fast-paced journey around the world in search of her "Prince Charming." Along the way she encounters a star-studded, ever-changing line-up of hilarious political and pop-culture characters including Donald and Melania Trump, Adele, Hillary & Bill Clinton, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, President Barack & Michelle Obama, Hamilton, Bernie Sanders, Sia, Taylor Swift, Vladimir Putin, Chris Christie, Barbra Streisand, Miley Cyrus, Orange is the New Black, Empire's Cookie, Oprah and the San Francisco Giants
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Do Not Miss”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you love music and humor this play is not to be missed. Very upbeat and happy. You will be laughing the entire play.

• Polish first
Rosemount, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Greatest Show Ever!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I've been to San Francisco 6 times, I've seen this show on 4 of the visits and have enjoyed it every time. I wish they had this type of show back at home. I would recommend to anybody planning a visit to San Francisco to do two things as soon as you purchase your airline tickets, 1) buy Alcatraz tour tickets and 2) buy Beach Blanket Babylon tickets.

Brasilia, DF
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Funny show”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I went to the show with my friends from Japan. They visited San Francisco for a week. The club was small and old. We got the cheapest tickets, but we could see the show because that’s small club. We arrived 10 minutes before start time. Unfortunately, it’s already late to get our(3) seats. We separated from each other. So, our tickets were general admission.
This show is totally different from Ballet or Broadway musical. I think this show category is the comedy. In this show, many real people were portrayed. For example, President Obama and his wife, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga. Politicians, artists, actors may change depend on what is popular in this time. All of the characters heads were big. They put on fake hair. Some actors had a nameplate. We were easy to understand who they were. But Michael Jackson looked so different. I was laughing. Main women actors were original characters. They were all powerful women! The story is easy. Single Snow White looking for prince all over the world. After the show, I got energy from all the actors. The show made us smile and we gained a little bit energy. I was surprised The Snow White actor was acting during all the show time. I think it is hard to act for 90 minutes!

Visited January 2014
Sacramento, California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What a hoot!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was expecting something hokey, but a must see if you are visiting San Francisco. Boy, was I wrong. Witty and funny dialogue on current events, great costumes and fabulous talent. It was a full house and we were squeezed in with our "night club seating," but the show puts everyone in a very jovial mood. Bravo. I will return with guests.

Kingston, Jamaica
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic San Francisco!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The show changes frequently, and my local friends go all the time. I understand why now, its irreverent and hilarious! Its an SF tradition that all 21+ y/o should check out!

Visited January 2014