“Nice food & okay service - what else do you want?”
Review of Pinecrest Diner

Pinecrest Diner
Ranked #98 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I loved this place. The food was lush, the service was okay. The food came out fast, I don't want to spend loads of time waiting when I want to get on with seeing the sights of the city. If you want amazing service then don't come here but if you want a nice diner then do. Good value for money and we was full for hours.

I would eat here again. :)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Love diners but so disappointed with this one. I had a tuna melt sandwich, could have done ten times better myself- processed cheese on white bread with chips, no garnish. Better service & food over the road

Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you like decent food, check it out. they have good breakfast, lunch and dinner choices (we tried all sorts of things). Fresh food, cooked right in front of you and very quickly. It is a busy place all day long. Pancakes were not amazing, everything else was good. Staff and service, while not extraordinary, were friendly enough.
Bottom line is - if you want consistent quality food fast - give them a try.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ate there several times. First two times were good. Reasonable food and reasonable prices. Most recent visit (which will also be my last visit), the person seating me was so rude I walked out without ordering. I have never encountered such a nasty individual in a management position in the service business.

1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After visiting Lori's across the street, we needed a diner with a warm welcome and amazing food. OMG we were not disappointed! The service was fast, real and charming, the food amazing and the prices normal. The diner had a real homey feeling to it and the food, the food! I wanted to bring this whole diner home with me. We left very happy customers, having found this place on our last day. We will be definitely be coming back here, this is what a diner should be like!