“Amazing sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Live Sushi Bar

Live Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Live Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,645 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: Bus Routes 22 27 9
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

The location isnt the greatest in the world, and it is definitely a hole in the wall that is not the nicest looking restaurant around.

But the fish and preparation of the sushi was tremendous. Just fantastic. Amazing meal.

• Visited November 2012

San Francisco, California
“Three restaurants to please you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Live Sushi has three restaurants in San Francisco. One is located on Bryant street across from the Hall of Justice.
One is located in the outer Mission Street Geneva ave.
The original is located on17th street
I have frequented all three.
Bryant St. is more a lunch location catering to Judges, police officers, attorneys and assorted sundry types who find themselves at the "Hall".
Busy at lunch. pretty dead after 6:00 p.m.
The one on Geneva is the newest and just establishing itself with neighborhood locals.
The premier location is on 17th street ', clearly the best spot for dinner.
Excellant service from attractive young wait staff.
The chefs are well skilled and responsive to your needs.
The owner, a young Chinese-American named "Jackson" learned his trade from the famous local Sushi place, Ibisu.
All offer standard sushi fare, fresh and well presented, Bento boxes, noodles, and Japanese style dishes are also available.
Great choice and selection of beers and sake, but sadly no liquor or cocktails.
Good crowd and great vibes

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bill F
California
“Love Live! Great neighborhood sushi bar, service a plus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have been to Live Sushi no less than a dozen times since it is near the nightclub where I work as a salsa instructor. I love Live! The decor is simple and not too fancy, but it lends to the neighborhood feel. Not too fancy is fine if the food is good, and that's where Live Sushi delivers, although the service is neck and neck with the food too. The chefs are friendly and they have some innovative dishes as well as a lot of really good basics with daily fresh specials such as blue fin toro. Try the whole live scallop - very nice dish, and their many rolls won't fail to please. What sets Live Sushi apart aside from dependable sushi is the excellent service. They have a bevy of attractive and attentive waitresses, and their system is set up well - so that anyone can help any table. Service is the Achilles heel of many a restaurant, but Live Sushi knows how to do it right. Always enjoy my meals there.

• Visited September 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Decent location, great servers, GREAT FOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

My fiance and I bought a Groupon for this restaurant to help with food costs while on vacation. I didn't read the part that required us to call and make a reservation prior to dining, but when we arrived and mentioned the Groupon, they still accepted it. We explained to them that we were from out of state and didn't read the fine print, and although they had reached their daily limit of the Groupons, they were happy to accommodate. We got to the restaurant a little late and stayed after closing without realizing it and they never made any attempt to rush us to leave, which was nice. Okay, so the food. I am not really a fish person, so when we planned on going I figured I would just have a veggie roll and pot stickers. My fiance ordered several rolls, all with fish, and they were DELICIOUS. The fish was so fresh and tender. Our waitress was so nice and kept up with my fiance's massive consumption of water. We talked to our waitress a bit and when asked, we told her we were in SF for my birthday. She really surprised both of us when she brought out a slice of cake and wished me a happy birthday! All in all, both of us had a GREAT time at this restaurant and LOVED the food.

• Visited March 2011