“Overrated”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Embarcadero between Mission and Clay St.
Transit: The Ferry building is served by public transportation: Muni, Golden Gate Transit, Bart, F Train. Ferry service is available with Golden Gate Ferry, Blue and Gold Fleet and Bay Link Ferries. For more information, visit www.transitinfo.org and www.sfport.com
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My first time here and all I can think is that this was overrated. The last two years I could not get a reservation, even two months in advance. Everything was very good, but nothing special here that makes me want to fight to get a reservation to come back soon. No major flaws except that the noise level was very, very high and wine list included very few California wines (I was told the selections on the wine list better complemented the food.) My expectations were very high, so I left a little disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Slanted Door

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very cool atmosphere located in the Ferry Building. Food was good however the experience is better. Large groups eat family style.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Ferry Building is a great setting for any meal but this place is special both for the views and the very innovative dishes. Beautiful presentation and tastes you've not likely experienced elsewhere - worth the price. They also have a take-out place inside the Ferry Bldg. as well as a great lunch spot off Fillmore in Pacific Hts.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Slanted Door is a treat. Reservations are needed. The best time for dinner is when it first opens because it quickly is packed. The perfect table is outside with a beautiful view of the water and boats. I like to try different foods so the waiter worked with me and I had 2 main dishes but as smaller plates. If you trust your waiter, following their recommendations often proves to be a treat.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Love this place---so popular that it is hard to get a table. We arrived on a busy Saturday for lunch and ate at the bar. We love just ordering and sharing--really it is all so tasty that I can't just recommend one item. The staff is amazing and when I was not sure what wine to pick, they let me taste a few. It is a hopping, popular, active place, but run amazingly efficiently. Like I said, I have to come here with every trip to SF. We love walking through the Farmer's Market on Sat AM and ending up here for lunch.