“Dosas for Brunch? Yes Please.”
Review of DOSA on Fillmore

Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
Cross street: Post Street
Transit: Fillmore - 22 Sutter - 2, 3, 4 Geary - 38, 38L
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Came here for a brunch with bunch of girls. And wow! this place is amazing. Might not be the most authentic indian place compared to other millions of places in SF.But definitely is pretty darn good. We had their little puris- it's a little balls of puff pastries that you get to break and put spices in to eat.Delish!

Dosas were all very good too. The only disappointing this was the entree. Pineapple chicken curry- well it is not indian nor anything. It's just a dish with the least flavor. Over all, it was great. Just stick to dosa and other snack items.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Everything we had was delicious and well thought out. Dosa had a fun atmosphere but beware of the the VERY strong drinks!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were staying at the Hotel Drisco nearby and came back in our short stay twice to this restaurant, which says a lot given that we were in such a culinary city. It was delicious. I still dream of the chai tea.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

When three close, food-snob friends recommended Dosa on Fillmore, and I saw it was on Eater's top 38 restaurants, I made a reservation. I wasn't disappointed. From excellent dirty martinis amongst the vibrant bar scene to spicy and savory dishes such as the duck vindaloo and the paneer and peas uttapam, Dosa on Fillmore delivers on flavor and fun. It's great for groups, especially among the culinary connoisseur set.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had a weeknight dinner here - the place was still packed at 8:00 pm, so I would suggest reservations, even during the week. The food was good - although I can't say as memorable or differentiated as many of the reviews suggest; it tasted the same as many other good south indian restaurants I have been to around the country. The atmosphere, however, was significantly better than many. I really appreciated the documentary-style pictures on the walls. The addition of a hard cider to the beer list is certainly something I wish more places would do, and it was excellent.