“One of the friendliest restaurants I've ever been in!”
Review of Tropisueno

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Mission Street and Market Street
Transit: Tropisueno is close to BART, MUNI, and taxis of course.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Mexican Kitchen! Walked past it many times and went in one day for lunch for convenience. The food is fantastic and fresh. So good we returned for dinner the next night - surprise! - the "kitchen" was transformed into a full service and I mean full service restaurant. Multiple salsas. Exceptional food and service. Prices were reasonable. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Tropisueno has become my favorite Mexican restaurant in SF. You usually see a long line of people waiting outside of the restaurant and the tip to avoid the wait is to get there early around 11:30'ish. They have many great dishes and I particularly like their fish taco - so crispy and tasty. They have many other great dishes as well such as Mole and Grilled Shrimp on the healthier choice , and their dishes are not greasy at all. I also love their great selection of Margarita.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Loved this place. Returned again in the same trip while in San Fran. I love the different sauces given you at the tabel with plenty of chips.
Food options are excellent and place is clean and in the heart of San Fran.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were starving by the time we drove into San Francisco from Santa Cruz and were really happy this was just around the corner from our hotel.

My wife had the veggie burrito and I had the chicken mojado burrito (with red sauce). Both burritos were really large and being extremely hungry, we ate them quickly.

It was a busy place but the restaurant excelled at getting everyone's order quickly. We will definitely come back again next time we are in town!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I were on a girls only trip and had just arrived in SF. We were hungry and tired and didn't have time to really think about where to go because we had tickets to an event that night. We wandered outside the hotel and I looked up some places in the area. Tropisueno is tucked into a square, and it took us a while to find it because neither of us were really good at navigating. Once we arrived, it looked jam-packed on a Thursday night, but we squeezed through the crowd and put our name on the list anyway. It turned out that the crowd was mostly hovered around the bar area and there were still some tables left so we were quickly seated. Right away they brought over some deliciously crisp tortilla chips along with three types of salsa. We could have just eaten those and been happy, but of course we had to order some dinner! First, the margaritas, which were great. Then we looked at the menu and were a bit overwhelmed by the great authentic choices - this isn't your standard combination style Mexican restaurant. We had a long evening ahead of us and didn't want to overeat, so we both got the albondigas soup. It was so amazingly delicious and definitely hit the spot. I am dreaming about it now. We wanted to eat more, but the soup was a meal in itself. This place is tops on my list for a return visit - soon, I hope!