“Avoid Thursday Nights or just all together”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Yancy's Saloon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yancy's Saloon
Burbank, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Avoid Thursday Nights or just all together”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

When I lived in San Francisco not far from this bar it was always our least favorite to go to. The only reason we would ever choose it is if we had a large group of people and didn't want to be cramped. Yancy's is a large open bar with plenty of room even if it is crowded.
On a recent quick visit to the city we met up with several friends and our second stop was Yancy's. This was the last time I will ever go there especially on a Thursday night. The bartender was exceedingly rude beginning with an annoyed and rude reaction to my husband ordering a pitcher of beer, "I don't do pitchers". Then they called last call at 12:30am (in a city where bars close at 2am). We gave the equally rude waitress our orders and no longer than a minute after they had served us our drinks did they call 10 minutes before they would close. Some of us did get a little rude and rowdy after this move but only by mildly voicing and remarking our opinions.
I felt bad that we had acted a little rude and the bartender was probably just having a bad night so I went to apologize. Very calmly and kindly I said, "I'm really sorry about how we acted and...". I was going to explain that were a little socked at how early they were closing and how little time they gave us with our last drinks but I got cut off with a blast of yelling, obscenities and rude gestures and movements. We made haste to leave while the bartender followed us out and threw the big swear word at me. My husband made to defend me with his two big buddies but it was only the bartender who spouted more obscenities and stormed back inside the bar.
I have never before been kicked out of a bar.