I do the Marriott for one important reason - you always know what you're going to get. This was no exception. Nice hotel, nice room. Bathroom was stupidly tiny and there was no full length mirror in room but other than that, excellent. Great location, I strongly recommend Union Square. Lots of bars and restaurants around the area. Good luck getting on the cable car, we bought a three day pass and did not successfully board once, it is constantly packed. We caught the bus a few times. We mostly walked everywhere. Beautiful city. Pacific Heights is gorgeous. Cow Harbour is divine, loved it. Hated Fishermans Wharf, it's full of cheap cr*p, total waste of space. HATED it. Alcatraz was excellent. Lombard street was just so charming, well worth the hike up one mother of a hill. I lost weight in SF! Walk to North Beach from Union Square, through Chinatown, you get some really good views of city. Go to Vesuvio bar next to the Citylights bar, it's where Jack Kerouac and other 'beat generation' names used to hang out apparently - we had a good time there! Ate in a very good restaurant, can't remember the name, it's recommended in the Lonely Planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Francisco Marriott Union Square hotel offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from the hotel. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, the San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square