Had a pleasant stay at the Marriott, recently. Location is great. Very close to Union Square and all it's shops and restaurants. The Chinatown gate is just down the street and North Beach is just a short hike away. The closest BART stop is 2-3 blocks on Powell street. A short walk down the hill from the hotel. You can easily access much of the city if you stay here. I had no problems here. There was always someone there to get the door for you. The hotel was secure and quiet (well at least on the 14th floor where I stayed). My room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was your typical shower/bath combo. The bed was very soft and comfortable. Ventilation was good, etc. not much to complain about. The maid service was a little slow but the ABA convention was in town and they were booked solid. I didn't stay much in the room anyway. Have only the Union Square Hilton to compare this too and the Marriott is much better. Can't comment on restaurant/food since I didn't eat here. Would, I stay here again, definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from our hotel in downtown San Francisco, California. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square