I'm a Marriott gal for their convenience, dependability, and pet-friendly policy.
When I travel for work, I always request a Marriott, so I have stayed here the nation over. The SF Union Square location is my new favorite, hands down.
When I checked in, they were not able to accommodate the room preferences I had pre-specified with my reservation, so I was promptly upgraded to a Jr Suite, free of charge.
The room was stunning--floor to ceiling windows with panoramic views of the city. Even in the bathroom! Being on East coast time, I woke up early, sat in bed, and watched the fog roll in over the rooftops. Magic.
I was also exhausted when I arrived after a 7 hr flight, so just ordered room service. (Something I typically avoid.) Holy garlic prawn, feta, and arugula pizza! I scarfed the entire thing...carbs be damned.
The entire room was spotless...and the perfectly-pressurized rain shower?? Yes, please!
As others have remarked, a big benefit of this place is location. I had read the weather report a few days before traveling, which promised 78 degrees and sunny in SF. Ha. I woke up to a 52 degree, foggy day and was woefully underdressed for a client meeting. Needed tights and new shoes ASAP. I walked outside to find both a DSW and Aerosole right on the block. Done and done. (Not to mention Walgreens, Starbucks, Macy's, etc. Convenience. You get the idea.)
I'm surprised at other reviewers who have commented on sub-par customer service. This is not the Intercontinental, people. You won't find people tucking Ghiradelli chocolates under your pillow. That said, I found the staff courteous, pleasant, and responsive.
In fact, after leaving SF to drive up the coast, I realized I had left my phone charger in the room. I called to see if it had been turned in, and sure enough, the cleaning staff had promptly returned it to the front desk. (A lesson to everyone: ALWAYS remember to tip your room staff!) I was able to pick it up before my return flight home and charge my phone in the lobby.
Overall it was an excellent stay and I am looking forward to coming back if work brings me to the city on the Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square offers a prime location with San Francisco's most vibrant address. Hop aboard a cable car or enjoy Union Square shopping just steps from our hotel in downtown San Francisco, California. Also near popular Nob Hill and Chinatown, San Francisco Marriott Union Square is an excellent choice for hosting meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your San Francisco Marriott Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel San Francisco
- Marriott San Francisco
- Crowne Plaza Union Square