1,970 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationthe concierge loungecable carjunior suitehigh floorlori's dinersutter streetcorner roomcoit towercounter spacewould stay here againcomfortable bedsgreat shoppingpowell stfisherman's wharffew blocks
Reviewed August 18, 2012

when we arrived from Hawaii (we live in Australia) we were so excited as it was our first American city we had been too and wow it was so american !! they had the doorman who was lovely and i felt sorry for him outside in the cold then how tall and American the building is, the flags and even the check-in staff! So American! The rooms are nice! We had to pay for wifi which really should be free. Staff were helpful in drawing a route for us to follow onto a map and telling us which tour buses to catch so thank you for that. It's a street away from Union Square which has the massive shopping mall.. and across the street from a delicious diner we ate at quite a few times and it was open late at night when we got off the plane and were hungry. Short taxi ride or bus or tram ride away from everywhere. Also nice and quiet at night. Across street from starbucks and near wallgreens. I would stay here again only issue is I would prefer to stay towards Fishermans Wharf next time much more happening, Union Square is more of a business area besides the shopping and ice-rink in winter. Very clean and no swimming pool. Sort of place you would stay a few nights but dont plan on spending a week here, it would get boring !!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FrequentFlyer2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I enjoyed a 5-night stay at the Marriott Union Square. The hotel is located at the corner of Sutter and Powell on a cable car line, convenient to high-end shopping and the Westfield Mall on Market Street.

The room was large, clean and quiet. The beds and linens were very comfortable. Housekeeping staff was excellent, friendly and kept our room sparkling. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Union Square Marriott . The rooms were perfect, the service was excellent and the location was second to none . The Doorman "Butch" referred us to a few really good diners very close to the hotel for breakfast and we knew it was a good recommendation from the lineups. I loved the Marriott mattresses and shower heads. We had a higher room with a view and it was very good.The elevators were reasonably fast with minimal wait times . I would highly recommend this hotel for a San Fran holiday Location wise couldn't be beat .Right out of the front door catch the Powell Street Cable Car and go up to Nob Hill. Walk tow short blocks to Union Square where you will find great shopping and of course people watching in Union Square . For those who like the cheesecake Factory it is about two blocks from the hotel in the Macy's Store, Also Starbucks was right across the street .

Room Tip: Higher floor less cable car noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I would put it in the overall average to just above category. First, it was very clean and probably recently renovated as the furnishings, beddings, etc... and such were all very nice. And great pillows. It just seemed a little cold to me. It was mostly just people coming and going with virtually no interaction with any staff. The staff that I did approach for help were very helpful however. The gym was nice but there were no wipes to clean the equipment when you were finished. Bathroom was smallish but certainly adequate. I think I prefer the Springhill Suites, Courtyard type hotels that the lobby areas seem to be warmer to me.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for a week during a work trip, the hotel appeared to have undergone a recent rennovation as the decor was of the latest Marriott design and was well maintained. The service was friendly and efficient and the facilities very good. The gym was pretty good for a hotel gym and the exec lounge was large with a great view and selection of snacks etc. I had room service on several occasions which was great both in terms of the food and the service. Location is literally just off Union Square and so really easy to get around to see the sights etc.

Room Tip: Higher the better as the views can be spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business