“Food okay”

Harrington's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1,666 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Financial District
Manteca, California
“Food okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

A friend and I stopped in here on a Friday afternoon. The bar was almost full but the tables and booths were almost empty. We were quickly greeted by the bartender at our booth (I guess he was out waiting tables too because one waitress was eating and another was talking to other patrons at the bar). He brought us our 2 drinks but never took our meal order. I'm not sure if it was a misunderstanding about us wanting to eat or what, but after about 10-15 minutes I caught the eye of the waitress who was STILL chatting with the same bar patrons. She came over, took our order and then went back to give the bartender the order tag. He then took it to the cooks in the back. Some time later I looked back and noticed 2 plates on the counter waiting to be picked up and served. Since the tables were almost empty, I wondered if it was our order. After a couple more minutes of it just sitting there, my friend turned around to get the attention of the bartender. When he saw her looking at him, he looked back to the food counter and noticed there were 2 plates sitting there. Then he finally went back and got our meals. We ordered fish and chips and the fries were slightly warm. The fish wasn't bad, but we had to ask for our coleslaw that was supposed to come with the order. I wasn't impressed with this place except I did like the decor. I doubt I will ever return.

• Visited January 2013

Livermore, California
“Dingy bar that over charges.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

My recent experience at Harringtons Bar and Grill was less than enjoyable. When we initially arrived and the general appearance was that of a standard dark/dingy pub, nothing special other than it is located by the Embarcadero. As the night continued I made the mistake of opening a tab and trusting them with my credit card. I bought five “Irish Car-bombs” for myself and some of my friends. As the bar tender was pouring my drinks I turned around to gather my group of friends. When I turned back around two of the shots had been drunk by random people. I pointed out the empty shot glasses to the bar tender and she told me that was not her responsibility and if I wanted those drinks I would have to pay for the shots a second time. So she ended up charging me for these shots that we didn’t even drink. So at the end of the night our tab came and I figured the bartender was not looking out for my best interest and with them double charging, I paid my tab but the extra drinks came out of the bartenders tip. The bartender made a scene in the bar and was now all the sudden concerned about who drank my shots. My tip to this company and staff would be that you will get more from a happy customer than a customer than a customer that you are knowingly trying to take advantage of. To the bartender my tip to you is to just remember that the bar may be employing you but the customer is one who pays your bills. This bar operates under shady business practices. They over charge you if you open a tab. I don’t trust the employees here and for that is the reason I gave them a poor review.

• Visited December 2012
Scotland
“At least it's reasonable value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent an hour here waiting on colleagues prior to dinner. The table service lady got my order wrong twice - "a becks beer please". Not that hard surely. Some paraphanelia on the wall for Irish whiskey and stuff, but really quite uninteresting decor. I was told it gets busy when there's major sports on the TV and the atmosphere improves then - if you are a sports fan that is. Saving grace is that it's relatively good value compared to other bars in the area. And it's possible to sit out on the pavement too where there's heaters if you feel cold.

• Visited November 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“One Busy Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stopped in at Harringtons on Thursday after work, must have been a little before 5:00PM. The place was packed already. Fortunately I found a seat and took in the atmosphere while having a nice cold beverage. Decided to stay and have dinner. The buffalo wings were very good but the rueben sandwich was outstanding. This is just a fun place to stop and grab a beverage and a quick bite to eat.

• Visited August 2012
“Happy Hour Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We choose this place because of the size of the happy hour portions (from 2pm-6pm)... Beers are cheap and two girlfriends going out to talk can get full from $17!

• Visited July 2012