“Worst Hotel Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #172 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Angwin, California, United States
“Worst Hotel Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was the WORST hotel experience I have ever had. This hotel is centrally located to the heart of SF and as a result, the staff feels entitled to gouge their customers. The front desk staff is RUDE, and the hotel is filthy. The maid entered our room despite the DO NOT DISTURB tag being up, and when we returned to our room to check out, the accused us of having a dog in our room?! What were they even doing in there to begin with if the sign on the door says "do not disturb," and considering the size of the room is about a big as a thumb tack, I am not sure where I would have even put the dog. Finally, I made a mistake when booking the room by accident for the wrong day, and they REFUSED to give me a refund for the mistake and charged us DOUBLE to stay for the night we needed. Overall this place for ONE night cost me $400. I will never come back here. They also photocopy your ID card, credit cards, and charge a $250 damage deposit before you can even check in. Needless to say I cancelled my card after staying here because the staff is shady, rude, and worst of all this hotel is so dirty. I found long black hair all over the bathroom floor (I have short blond hair), and when I ran a damp rag along the floor it came up BLACK. (See my photos). The carpet was stained, the comforter was stained. This place is gross, and this is coming from a college student that has travelled by couch surfing. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Best tip is to not stay here at all. If you must stay here, come for the free parking and sleep in y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jess21K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Not worth it if you are staying here for the amenities like free parking and breakfast. The bad location, surly service and rundown rooms make even those "perks" unpalatable. Free parking is very limited and the motel will not allow you to park before check in our after check out and the breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank pas0girl

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Rude staff rodent problems. Bum problems. Crack pipe found in my bed. Heater does not work. Place is horrible. I think some one was paid to make the positive reviews. Never stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank roje901
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay here all the time. I park my car....for free....and walk to where ever I am going. Good price for what you receive. A good value for San Francisco. No complaints at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Tempe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've stayed several times at this property over the past 10 months and each time it's been great. Rooms are spacious and clean. The free continental breakfast is a plus as is the free wi-fi. The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but I've never had an issue. It's within walking distance to a BART station and several great Thai restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank blsbls99
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

A decent motel for the price - the room and bed were comfortable and the bathroom was very good. The hotel isn't in the greatest neighbourhood (and we didn't expect it to be for the price) but it's only a 10 minute walk to Union Square. My only complaint was the WIFI - the connection kept dropping out and it was very slow.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pdaft
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly:

The good: the room was cheap, it was relatively clean, and there were no rodents in our room.

The bad: this place is in a really crappy part of town. There are constant police sirens through the night, homeless people on the streets, hookers, etc. wandering around. You don't want to be out at night. There is extremely limited parking and if you do take your car out, you are on your own when you return, which is not what you want! Some of the rooms have bars on the windows, and they clearly are not decorative. The office has one of those bank teller safety shields for night time arrivals. That has to make you feel warm and fuzzy when you're checking in. Our room wasn't ready when we got there and we didn't feel safe leaving our luggage with them while we waited. They offer rooms with jacuzzi? I guess that's what the call it when the tiny bathtub in your bathroom has bubbles.

The ugly: The place had no vacancies on a Saturday night in the summer. That was simply amazing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends