“Loved it!”
Review of Limon Rotisserie

Limon Rotisserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Limon Rotisserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: Bart stop at 24th St. and Mission, walk down on Mission to 21st St. and make a right towards South Van Ness a block away. Also 14, 49 and 12 Muni Buses.
Description: Limon Rotisserie, best chicken in town, great Peruvian food, good value and good service.
Basel, Switzerland
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I loved it! Very cosy restaurant, very friendly staff! Although I didn't have a reservation and it was busy I was seated immediately. I had no idea about the Peruvian cuisine and the waiter explained me the whole menu. I had their roasted chicken and it was delicious. I also had Peruvian beer and some side dishes. I enjoyed my night and would like to thank the people who made it!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Walked straight in and had an extraordinary meal”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had read this was a highly ranked restaurant and it certainly won us over.

We were seated immediately despite the restaurant looking full and the waiters were extremely helpful by guiding us through the menu and giving us time to place our order.

Limon is known for it's marinated rotisserie chicken so we ordered a 'half chicken' which comes with two sides of your choice and aji sauces. We chose the camote frito (sweet potato fries) and vegetables salteados - seasonal veggies. All of the above with the trio of sauces was simply divine. We also ordered the Ahi tuna tartare which was a beautiful balance of roasted peppers, pine nuts, and sesame seed oil as a 'salad' option. There is some great looking ceviche on the menu too.

Limon is such a buzzy restaurant and ideal for groups and couples - we were nestled between two dates!

Must not forget to add that it's very reasonable too. Winner.

• Visited October 2013
“Great food and ambiance”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Got a same day reservation for our group on a Friday night which was a good idea given how busy they were that evening, my guess is that it's always like that, a long wait if you show up after 7 or so.

We started with a pitcher of Sangria that was good but not special in any way. I had the quarter rotisserie chicken with sweet potato fries and tacu-tacu (seasoned rice and beans) on the side which was all tasty and great. I also tried the carne empanadas which were very good as well.

The ambiance is nice and the location on Valencia is great too, a busy neighborhood with lots of choices.

Portland, Oregon
“Peruvian, super tasty, no wait, reasonably priced”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

what more do you need to know. local is 1 block away from the Inn of San Francisco.
i wasn't expecting anything, but the roasted chicken rubbed with peruvian spices was really really good. very nice sauces on the side. remarkably good, at reasonable prices.

San Francisco, California, United States
“Best Latin American meat meal in San Francisco's Mission District”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whenever I am home in San Francisco from foreign assignments, I take my family and friends to this favorite best and cozy Latin American meat meal restaurant in San Francisco's Mission District, just a block from my Mission Victorian! The atmosphere is South American. The meals are carefully prepared and charmingly presented by superb servers who know and understand the large menu selection. There's a great full bar that can make any drink you can think of. It's a great restaurant for family and friends, one of my three or four favorites in this Baghdad-by-the-Bay!

• Visited August 2013