“Peruvian, super tasty, no wait, reasonably priced”
Review of Limon Rotisserie

Limon Rotisserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Limon Rotisserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: Bart stop at 24th St. and Mission, walk down on Mission to 21st St. and make a right towards South Van Ness a block away. Also 14, 49 and 12 Muni Buses.
Description: Limon Rotisserie, best chicken in town, great Peruvian food, good value and good service.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

what more do you need to know. local is 1 block away from the Inn of San Francisco.
i wasn't expecting anything, but the roasted chicken rubbed with peruvian spices was really really good. very nice sauces on the side. remarkably good, at reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whenever I am home in San Francisco from foreign assignments, I take my family and friends to this favorite best and cozy Latin American meat meal restaurant in San Francisco's Mission District, just a block from my Mission Victorian! The atmosphere is South American. The meals are carefully prepared and charmingly presented by superb servers who know and understand the large menu selection. There's a great full bar that can make any drink you can think of. It's a great restaurant for family and friends, one of my three or four favorites in this Baghdad-by-the-Bay!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had their rotisserie chicken and cerviche. Odd combination but fabulous flavors in both dishes. Very reasonable.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have never written a review on tripadvisor, or any other website for that matter. But I am so livid over my experience at Limon Rotisserie that I had to write this review. If I deter one person from going there, this review is a success. I visited friends in San Francisco over Labor Day weekend, and we thought we'd try this place because it had excellent reviews and had a reservation available for our large group (12). We were quickly ushered to our table upstairs, but it was downhill from there. First, the restaurant was so loud that I couldn't even hear the person sitting next to me. Second, the service was terrible. The wait staff mixed up most of our food and drink orders (at one point, it seemed like they were just bringing out random dishes because they had forgotten what we ordered). They did not replace the plates we used for the appetizers, so I ended up eating off the plate I used for my ceviche (which was subpar). The service was extremely slow, so many people at the table were not certain if their food was going to arrive. Drinks were never refreshed. We wanted to split the bill evenly across three cards (it's not rocket science), but they put the entire bill on one card with a 20% gratuity included, which is understandable for a large group, but 20% is excessive. We witnessed the manager yelling at a waiter and telling the waiter he was not allowed to write down orders, which explains why the orders were messed up. It was a loud, stressul dining experience that was not worthwhile considering the chicken was your basic rotisserie chicken that you could buy at Costco, the mac n' cheese was runny and tasted so much of thyme that is was hardly edible, and everything else was bland and unimaginative. The tongue was good, but it is not worth suffering through the noise and incompetence just for that one dish.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Waited a little bit to be seated, the service was fast and efficient and the food was very good (taste and quality). The only small problem was that the lower room was very noisy, so try to get place upstair if you can!