“Great Peruvian food in San Francisco”
Review of Limon Rotisserie

Limon Rotisserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Limon Rotisserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: Bart stop at 24th St. and Mission, walk down on Mission to 21st St. and make a right towards South Van Ness a block away. Also 14, 49 and 12 Muni Buses.
Description: Limon Rotisserie, best chicken in town, great Peruvian food, good value and good service.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Peruvian food in San Francisco”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went there with another couple, upon their recommendation (they are Peruvians living in San Francisco). We had a reservation, which was handy, even on a Tuesday evening, as the place was packed.
We ordered Piscosours, which were well done. Lacked the frizzy icicles you can taste on the truly exceptional ones, but it had a good balance of kick, sweetness, and sourness.
Ordered a few plates that we all shared: half chicken a la brasa, very good, tasty; lomo saltado, which tasted very good, although i prefer crisper french fries; seco de res, which was very good, and freshly prepared; fried yuca, which was so good that we ordered some more; tacutacu, which hold its ground but does not deserve to be called epic (they were not aspiring to that, as it appears as a side dish); aji sauces trio, which was probably one of the best 'dishes'.
All in all an excellent Peruvian experience, which is difficult to have outside Peru. Living in Boston, I have no options that can come close to this.

• Visited February 2013

Burlingame, California
“Great food, great service!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This restaurant is fabulous. I have been there for lunch on numerous occasions. The service is wonderful! Extremely fast. The chicken melts in your mouth. The side sauces are terrific, as are the tacu tacu, yucca fries, mixed ceviche. Actually everything I have tried is great!! The waiters are very helpful and courteous. If you are nearby, take the time to check it out!

• Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended. It's very busy and can be a bit noisy but even after the considerable wait with a reservation the food and cocktails were delicious. We had the half chicken, tacu tacu, yucca fries and mixed ceviche. Everything was seasoned impeccably and went really well together. I was a bit disappointed that they did not have papa a la huancaina on the menu, since it's my favorite Peruvian dish but I was impressed enough with the other dishes not to miss it. The dessert was to die for! Mango panna cotta that I've had dreams about since. We also had pisco sours which were well blended and tasty. I'm definitely going back!

• Visited December 2012
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“Great small plates!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We tried Limon Roisserie because it was steps away from the Inn we are staying at and our concierge recommended it, and we were so glad we tried it! Great friendly service, food arrived quickly and well prepared. Small plates were great for a late afternoon lunch after flying across the country. Wish we had saved room for dessert!

• Visited November 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Very Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I tried this restaurant when visiting San Francisco. My guide recommended it. The food was different from anything I'd had better. I really enjoyed the sauces they served with the beef & chicken combination dinner I chose. I'll definitely eat there when in San Francisco again.

• Visited November 2012