“Best meal of our trip to San Francisco.”
Review of Luce

Luce
Ranked #263 of 5,836 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Beach
Cross street: 5th Street
Transit: BART and Muni Stations close by (Powell Street)
Description: Approachable modern American cuisine in a newly renovated space. Consistently awarded one Michelin Star since 2009, and recipient of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence.
Reviewed July 11, 2016

the food was both well presented, and tasted great. even the espresso after dinner was very good. excellent service. this was our last dinner on our 7 day trip to San Francisco, luckily it was located in the hotel we stayed in. So a quick walk from our room.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

Our experience was wonderful. We were made welcome with complimentary Champagne and seated at a beautifully located table. Service was efficient and timely (until time for the check). The dishes were all stunning and so delicious! I would eat here again and again!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 6, 2016

I only managed to enjoy breakfast at Luce – but for 3 mornings during my stay in the city – so I can share with confidence that the buffet serves numerous hot and cold choices, fresh fruits and pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, breads and cereals, etc. The wait staff is quick to fill up coffee and juice glasses and the environment is great for breakfast meetings/conversation.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Ground level restaurant and bar for enjoyable viewing of busy San Francisco! We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and had a wide assortment of late night snacks, breakfasts and lunches- normally we AVOID hotel restaurants but when we arrived ravenous after a long day of travel-we opted for a late night snack and were hooked. I hate to pick one meal but you must try whatever in season soup the Chef has prepared for the day. We thoroughly enjoyed the grilled cheese with honey on sourdough bread. My sister in law raved about her scrambled egg breakfast insisting it was special. ??? Honestly, you cannot go wrong here. The service was attentive and helpful. Don't just trust me- locals choose to eat here.....need I say more?

Reviewed June 28, 2016

I had the steak, which probably was a mistake at a non-steak house. The portion was small and the meat was very tough and chewy. If I am getting a small steak for $40 it better melt in my mouth. This was probably the toughest steak I have ever gotten at a restaurant.

Service was bad. The waiter never came to explain the menu of to take drink orders. we ordered drinks with the rest of our meal. We had a party of 5 and they added an 18% tip, which was more than our waiter deserved.

The restaurant was not busy. There was no reason for the slow service.