“Worth the trip”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Although it was about 1 mile from our hotel (we took the bus) we ate breakfast here twice on our 4 day trip to San Francisco. One of the best breakfasts ever! Gumbo and jambalaya might not be everyone's choice for breakfast but they were great. We mixed in some sweet potato pancakes and sausage/cheese omelet to round out the fun.

2  Thank Jamie A

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Yummm. We had one of each beignet on offer, they were all delicious. We also ordered an omelette with biscuits and grits. Between the two of us, we could not finish this meal, as delicious as it was. Very rich, sticks to your ribs. Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank FoodbLubber
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Glows: The service was quick. We were there a little over an hour and had 3 courses. The crawfish biegnets were poppin! They were hearty enough to be an actual meal. I had the Hangtown Fry without bacon and that was the scramble I ever had! Their mango mimosas were good too. I also enjoyed the atmosphere and design. It just felt very friendly. A good mix of locals and visitors.

Grow: It has a long wait. Luckily a lady gave my wife her slot or else we could have had an hour wait.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Brenda's came highly recommended as a must-try brunch spot. It did not disappoint. We were fortunate to get seated right away, as the line was 30-deep 5 minutes later. I started with a delicious Bloody Mary and my wife with a Red Eye (They called it a Michelada, but whatever). We started with a sampler of the beignets. They were not Cafe du Monde, but who is. The crawfish beignet was especially interesting and tasty. One of the specials of the day was the Pork Belly grits, with an egg. Delicious. Tremendous biscuits as well. Overall, this place was very good, with a lively atmosphere and eclectic crowd. I would recommend this spot for anyone looking for a bit of down home cooking in San Francisco.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were only in San Francisco for a week but had to visit Brenda's twice. The only negative was that we were unable to make it a third time. I usually have File Gumbo so I had to give the Okra Gumbo a try. I was not disappointed. The base is rich and flavorful and it was chock full of sausages, chicken and shrimp. The beignets are to die for and the Po' Boys took me back to New Orleans.