“Pleasant surprise!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Louisville, KY
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My daughter and I recently visited SF. I found Brenda's to be a pleasant surprise in the Tenderloin District. Really enjoyed the sweetpotato pancakes. The staff was very friendly and quite helpful. Would go there again if ever in SF.

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Leandro, California
“A little touch of Cajun life in San Francisco!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Got here early before our show (5:00) to try the menu. There was plenty of seating and the wait staff was very attentive. Watermelon ice tea for the mrs. And a nice ipa for me. The menu is not overwhelming, but it difficult to decide on what to eat. A cup of gumbo and the oyster slider to start. The gumbo is thick and fully of flavor, no hot sauce required! The oyster were off the hook, almost wanted to order a dozen for dinner. The shrimp grits for the wife and the fried chicken dinner for me. I don't like grits but when I tried my wife's I think I could eat the whole plate. The fried chicken is tender with a little Cajun kick. For desert the trio of beignets! Plain, chocolate and apple, what a combo!!  Overall this place is deserving of 6 stars! Special shout out to our waitress Becky!

Vancouver, Canada
“Expected more based on the reviews we read.”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are brunch snobs... After reading a few reviews we decided on this place. We arrived early around 9am so there was no wait and it was still quiet inside. Got the French toast and the Cajun omelette. The French toast was nothing spectacular at all. Felt like it was something I make at home on the weekends. Didn't eat more than half. The omelette was also average.
What was amazing, though, was the biscuit and grits. Heavenly!
Would not go back unfortunately.

Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Soul Food Ever!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The best sweet potato pancakes, catfish Po Boy, Shrimp and Grits and Crawfish Beignets. The staff was so friendly. The restaurant was clean. The atmosphere was nice but the Watermelon Sweet Tea was so good. I found a gem in the Bay Area

Boise, Idaho
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I learned about this location on the food network, Best Thing I ever Ate and I can see why, the food was great, not expensive, and had a creole flair that I loved, a must for brunch!!

Visited July 2012