Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

More Info
from $55.00
More Info
3,395 results
All reviews ferry tickets the golden gate bridge hyde street mill valley guided tour fisherman's wharf mason street easy ride great ride return ferry these guys palace of fine arts ferry building the presidio muir woods tiburon helmets
Reviewed 2 days ago

If I could give less than a 1 star I would . We did the tour and it was a total waste of time and money.
The girl at the office near pier 39 was rude , offensive and of no help when I asked about ferries back . The guide hardly said a word and just left us at the end , he obviously wasn't expecting a tip because he was so rude and useless. When we returned the bikes they were just taken , checked in front of us and then the workman disappeared . No interaction at all .
I dealt with 3 of this team and have been on bike tours in over a dozen cities - this company are the WORST BY FAR

Reviewed 4 days ago

We recently hired 2 more bikes from Blazing Saddles, this was the second time previously 2015 now in 2018 and the staff are still very friendly and helpful. It's a great way to get around San Francisco we biked up to the Golden Gate bridge & just past it and then around the Bay area and had a great time

Reviewed 4 days ago

My wife and I rented the "deluxe" bikes to go over the Golden Gate bridge into Sausalito. I am an experienced mountain biker, and my wife an experienced road biker. We know bikes. We took the advised "test" ride, but the area to do that is not big enough to get a true feel of the bikes. Once into the ride, it became apparent that these bikes were beat. On the first hill climb, my wife's bike chain began skipping, and would not go onto the middle chain ring. Obviously a derailleur problem, but not having any tools, nothing could be done. She had to ride the rest of the ride in the small chain ring and mid cog on the rear just to keep the chain from skipping. On my bike, its woes started on the first downhill. The front brake was not usable due to a serious gash in the front rim. Yeah, that's how old these bikes are. They both had rim applied brakes. Even inexpensive modern-ish bikes of the last 5-10 years have disc brakes. I simply feel that Blazing Saddles needs to pay more attention to their bike maintenance. Not all people will have bike knowledge to give feedback on how a bike performs. In fact, when we told the employee of the problems with the bikes, she just seemed to shrug them off and put them right back into the rental fleet. It would be comforting to see an actual bike mechanic on site.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We decided that we wanted to hire a tandem! One of us wanted to run over the Golden Gate Bridge but one has a bad knee, so a tandem made sense.

We’ve never ridden a tandem! But seeing the great choice of bikes available with blazing saddles it was an easy choice to make. Blazing saddles had e-bikes, road bikes, hybrids and 2 types of tandem available so perfect.

On arrival it was very simple to check in, leave a deposit (varies based on the bike I think) and watch a video to guide you to the bridge and beyond to Sausalito or other Tiburon.

Very impressed that they provide you a ferry ticket to save queues if you are using the ferry to return (we didn’t have time) and just hand them back if you don’t use them.

The bike was well maintained, we were given a briefing how to use the gears, brakes, how to mount and dismount and use the lock etc.

We returned after just 2 hours due to our schedule and the rate was charged per hour making this extremely reasonable.

Will certainly be back to hire bikes when returning and we will certainly do the full day hire and tour saulsilito or tiburon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Bike Hire Shop very helpful staff, a bike for everyone, and from 550 North Point Street, down the hill to the end of Fishermans Wharf and you are straight on the San Francisco Bay trail, and on your way to the Golden Gate Bridge.

1  Thank daviddF9349BK
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Let's see, how do I keep this short? My wife and I purchased a CityGO pass. One of the services offered on the pass was a full day bike rental from blazing saddles. We thought it would be fun to rent them, since they are "free", and use them to get around for the day while exploring the city. The orientation was rushed and the bikes were not even fit for our size but whatever, I bike enough to know how to make the adjustments on my own. The part where this company lost it for me was on their security deposit. While registering you are required to put down 60 dollars per bike, so 120 total for us, in case you don't return them within the 24hr period. We were told the last location closes at 7 but they had a process for 24hour drop off so we could just call before closing time to get instructions. We told them we will for sure have them past that point and asked if we could get instructions right away but they refused and said to just call before close. That should have been a red flag but we kept going. Fast forward to later, we are in a museum that was included on the go pass and realize it is 7:08. Panicked, I quickly call blazing saddles to get the 24hour drop off locations and there is no answer, just a voicemail stating they are still open and to leave a message and someone will get back to you. I hang up and call two more times only to get the same voicemail. On the fourth call the voicemail changed and no longer stated they were open, and to leave a message and someone will get back first thing in the morning. To me that means they were there but just decided not to answer the first few times I called. So needless to say, we rushed over to the location and it was closed. Luckily for us, another group was dropping off and they had the instructions for 24hour drop off so we followed along. We dropped off the bikes with everything they came with and thought we were good. We even called the next morning just to be sure and a woman assured us they had the bikes, our account was closed, and we should be receiving our security deposit within a few days, annoying but that part was dependant upon our bank. Well, fast forward a week and I still don't have my money. It's even worse, the charge went from pending on my account to being a posted charge. I call them to rectify the situation and am told my only option is to email them if I want a refund. Super annoying being I'm travelling but okay I send the email. A day later, no response. So I call again and the woman that answered was able to immediately go check for my email, which makes me wonder why I had to send it to begin with. I was talking to the same people regardless of whether it was over the phone or through email but anyways, she explains to me that she can issue me a refund for the bikes we returned but since we didn't return the INCLUDED ferry tickets your able to use at the end of your ride, she can't give me a refund for those. I say that is not right because they do not state that anywhere and she bluntly says it was in their video. Okay, I remember it saying to drop them off in case you don't use them but it in no way stated you are being charged for them if you dont. Furthermore, they tell you the 120 you pay is a security for the bikes, not for tickets you don't even ask for. So long story short, it takes them well over a week for them to give back your security deposit, making you jump over hurdles along the way, and in the end they lie about their services in order to squeeze a few extra dollars on hidden ticket fews out of you. Definitely took away from the bonus of having a CityGO pass and would not ever recommend them to anyone else. Oh yeah last thing, the other reviews that say the bikes suck are right. Super poorly maintained company all around.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was a great opportunity to see San Francisco by bike. Riding across the Golden Gate Bridge was awesome, however it was crowded with other bikers. Over, I’d recommend.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The electric bikes are well worth the money!!! Don’t even think twice!! Get them will make your touring 10 times more enjoyable!!!
The staff was amazing!!!
Maria was the best at Hyde street location!!!
I really hope blazing saddles recognizer her outstanding customer service!!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff members at Blazing Saddles were friendly and helpful, but I felt they gave the instructions on use of the bikes too quickly and hurried us out the door. When I started to ride, I realized that the seat was set much too low. I could adjust it myself, but the latch would not hold the seat at the right height, and I had to keep stopping to raise it.
We were doing the “bike the Golden Gate Bridge,” and the path we were to follow was not always obvious. We stopped several times to check the map, but were still unsure of which way to go in a couple locations. There were several pretty good hills to climb, and the last stretch from the Warming Hut to the bridge was a real killer uphill climb.
Once on the bridge, the only problem was dodging pedestrians, especially those who did not realize there were walking lanes and bike lanes. Once on the Sausalito side, it was mostly downhill. Sausalito is a charming little town, and we enjoyed walking around there. We also enjoyed the ferry ride back to Pier 39.

Despite the equipment issue and the uphill climbs, biking the Golden Gate Bridge was a fun thing to do.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Fabulous organised and upbeat organisation. The pep talk was fun and got the teens going and in the right frame of mind, and the info about the ride was useful. The bikes were really well equipped and comfy. And as for the ride to Tiburon- awesome! Then had a fabulous lunch at Sam's cafe. We booked on line for the bikesfor the 20% discount- really good value.