“Decent. ”
Review of Inn on Broadway

Inn on Broadway
Ranked #179 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

It had free parking and a good price which was great, but the room kind of gave me the creeps. It smelled of body odor and the beds seemed dirty. It was a good place to crash after a long drive, but I wouldn't suggest this hotel to someone who was looking for a nice hotel to stay in for an extended period of time.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I dug around forever looking for a decent hotel with free or inexpensive parking. This property came up but after reading the reviews I was a little hesitant. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but for the location and price (and free parking) it's hard to beat here.

Check In
Despite reviews, I found the front desk very friendly and helpful.

Room
Everything's been updated and looks newish. From the carpets to the bedding and furniture. Beds are very comfortable (on the softer side but not in a a bad way), large flat screen TV, minifridge, microwave, iron and board. Even the aircon unit looks new.

Noise
We stayed in room 204 which is about 20 feet from the side of the building on Van Ness. I suspected it would be super noisy (again, other reviews) but it really wasn't that bad. Yes, you can hear cars but if you've ever been to NYC and stayed in any hotel, it's not much different. The walls are a bit thin and you can hear your neighbors but with the TV or aircon/heat on you can't really hear much. For the price it's definitely not a deal breaker.

Surrounding Area
Again I'll reference other reviews: Maybe something has changed recently but in the two days we were here we saw 3 homeless people in the area...and all of them were about 3 blocks from the hotel. No one was "hanging around" outside the property. Maybe it was the time we came back to the hotel (8:30PM one night and 6PM the next) but it wasn't shady at all. I can see how some wouldn't like the main level parking area but get here early and you can park upstairs (we arrived around 3:30PM and there was space).

Cleanliness
Super clean.

Bathroom
Plenty of hot water and water pressure. No complaints here either.

Internet
Bad. Loading up a simple webpage took forever 95% of the time. Most pages you had to reload and reload.

Getting Around
Took us 20 minutes at most to walk down to Fisherman's Wharf.

All in all we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd get a room on the top floor to avoid some noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Stephen_Price
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I booked this hotel from expedia. I arrived to this place after a long drive from Seattle. It was around noon, Ria in the desk let me check in early. She was very kind and helpful with showing me around the city map. After checking in I went to the little restaurant there to eat. The food was great. The rooms were clean and nice. It smelled good. The best part is the price I paid for that was very cheap. I got a discount card for my next stay upon checkout. I will definitely return.

The only bad part was noise coming from the street but it is something expected in cities like San Francisco.. There are many rooms that are away from street. Next time I stay here I will request them quiter room.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, choose rooms away from street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

First of all I wouldn't recommend this place to couples on a romantic weekend getaway. I've stayed here twice on 2 different sides of the hotel and I'm honestly surprised to see this many negative reviews.

This hotel is for you and your buddy's...it's not a party hotel but look at the price and the area...this isn't a great hotel but it's solid for a few nights on the town. Very clean rooms and I didn't notice too much noise (and I'm a pretty light sleeper). Love the elevator.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank JayMel86
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I spend 3 nights in this hotel and I book thought Expedia and have a fare rate, I was very worry for the kind of Hotel I made my booking, however the Hotel was ok, do not expect a fancy Hotel because this Hotel is not, but the rooms are very clean, the Wi-Fi sucks I never can get connect until I was very near of the reception, The rooms have microwave and fridge, are a two block from the cable car stop.

The bed are amazing, my family enjoy it, the only bad thing I can said is the front desk ladies are not very friendly and they cannot resolve to much if you ask.

If you just use this Hotel to spend the night will be great.

Room Tip: chose the uper floor or the first floor you will have less noise of the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank anatayla
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a great location near bus routes and the cable cars but away from the main tourist regions of SF. There are many restaurants and a Walgreens within a few blocks. I got an excellent price (online, several weeks in advance), and the free parking was especially appreciated. There was free wifi but the signal was not always strong. The elevator to the parking garage sounded like it would break at any minute, and the building as a whole looked a bit tired and run down. My room was spacious with a good bed and clean bathroom (that's all I needed) but would not impress someone who was very picky. The room opened to an outdoor walkway so ask for an upper floor if security is a concern. The main attraction that would bring me back is the location and reasonable price.

Room Tip: Take a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank dixiedorena
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were on our way home from a cruise and had made too many stops visiting friends and were too tired to continue driving. While going down Van Ness ave in San Francisco we found this little gem! Great location before the Golden Gate Bridge if you need a place to stay when you are tired. Great price also.

Room Tip: Our room faced Van Ness and if you are in the city it is always awake, so if you do not like some tr...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends