“No Sleep in SF”

Ranked #171 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Phoenix, Arizona
“No Sleep in SF”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Let's start with the good: Room comes with free WiFi, free parking, a microwave and mini fridge. The room was very clean.
The bad: parking is very limited and cars have to double park nightly. The place is on the corner of Broadway and Van Ness Ave which is a major busy street. My room was on the second floor and I could hear every single car zoom by as if I was standing on the sidewalk (not good when you are trying to get some sleep.)
The walls are paper thin, I could hear my neighbor's tv, cell phone ringing and conversations. And don't get me started on the elephants that were above me and decided to trample around their room at 6 am!
If you are a light sleeper like me DO NOT COME HERE. However, if you can sleep through fire alarms, earthquakes and zoo animals this is your kind of place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Jacky T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This is the worst place to stay un San Francisco, I mean they charged me $208 dollars for a 14 hour phone call that I didn't even do !! I was not even in my room at the time the phone call was registered and the staff was really rude about it and refused to clear the situation.

They also offer free Wifi but it never worked, rooms are Ok but if you want to avoid stupid charges into your credit card this is not the place to stay!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susana R

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Kent, Washington
Reviewed December 29, 2013

For a very reasonable rate we got a clean, quiet room in a location that was convenient for us.
This is not a luxury hotel; but for a one-night stay near many tourist destinations - at a price within our budget - we thought it was a good deal. The beds were comfortable. The bedspreads should be upgraded: they were quite old and faded (i.e. they don't make a good first impression)

Negative comment: They advertise wifi, but it did not work. We made several calls to the front desk, but their attempted solutions did not work. In San Francisco, this seems like a significant loss of service.

Room Tip: They have off-street parking, but a limited amount. We were glad we decided to walk to dinner, inst...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James N
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel about 2 weeks ago. The location was very good, near to local attraction near by. Cable car was just 3 blocks away. Sam who checked us in was very kind to show us places around and warn us about places NOT to go. There was a shuttle pickup to the airport from the hotel which was awesome. The rooms were clean and nice. We stayed in the 4th floor and it was quite. Liya on the front office was able to book sightseeing bus which was fun and was very helpful with all our questions about the city. I would definately go back to this hotel again as we got a discount code for our next stay. Thank you for wonderful service, clean rooms and good price. Cheers!

Room Tip: 4th floor is quite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Soyam K
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel about a week ago on my 1st trip to San Francisco. Two ladies in the front desk were very helpful. They let us check in early. They akso showed us map around. I made a reservation online. The first look of hotel gave me 90s feeling because front office was tiny and old. But when I got to room I was extremely pleased, the rooms were remodeled and nice. The cleaning people did a great job. We stayed for 5 nights and every day we returned it used to be clean and smell good. A short cab ride of about $10 to the wharf was not too bad. We got a very good deal online at their website. I also got a discount card upon checkout :). I would definitely stay here again if I come back to San Francisco.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sapporo
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I would much rather spend my money on things other than where I sleep, I am not a very fussy person. That said, my room and bed, etc., were just fine--clean and comfortable, hot water, fridge and microwave. Aspects of hotel could be improved: registration desk and room are tiny, if there is a problem with one check-in, things get cramped and you might have a wait. The door to my room had many non-working locks from prior versions (now uses a key-card); in fact, though the door said to use a bolt/double lock, there was none). I did not feel insecure, however, the neighborhood seems fine. My room was on Broadway side, the traffic noise was not bad at all, mostly because windows and wall seemed to muffle most of it. I was attending a meeting at Moscone, the numbers 10 and 12 bus were very convenient, and a cable car not far away. I walked one gorgeous morning, great views along the way. Easy walk down to Ghiradelli Square and Fisherman's wharf. I learned after my first night that the nearby place to go for cafes, etc., is just one block over from Van Ness, on Polk. Everything you might need is there, not much on Van Ness itself, except traffic. This is one of the best hotel deals I have found in San Francisco.

Room Tip: I suspect rooms on the Van Ness side are noisier. I always bring earplugs but didn't need them...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is old, the elevator is old, but the worst was the bad smell of my room. It smells like s**t, really. The reception guy was gentle, but they have no more room available, so I just get out of the room ASAP and return later just to sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business