Ok... so Van Ness Avenue is noisy. The constant drone of daytime and evening traffic is not the problem... it's the 3am dump trucks, fire engines and street sweepers that will wrench you from the arms of Morpheus.
However... If you can get a room 3 or 4 back from the road (and not overlooking Broadway), you'll probably be fine. I was initially in a room on the Van Ness end and it was dire. I asked to be moved and the receptionist was happy to oblige, moving me to a room about 4 from the end, and it was MUCH better.
Also, if you turn on the air con, you might notice a faint urine smell. I thought someone had pee'd on the air inlet, but later discovered (when I changed rooms) this is the smell of the carpet 'freshener'.
The location (Pacific Heights) is great. Very safe and charming, with a regular bus service right out front, a great brunch diner on the corner and the cool neighbourhood area of Polk St and Union St (rather upmarket) each a short walk away.
I was in town on the busiest weekend of the year and was left with limited options for reasonably priced accommodation. I made a good choice (once I'd moved rooms).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly and completely renovated, the Inn on Broadway welcomes you. Our customer service staff receives each guest with exceptional service and a pleasant smile. FREE PARKING is available for all of our guests. Our on-site restaurant offers a quick and delicious way to grab a bite to eat before exploring San Francisco's beauty. Located in a safe and convenient neighborhood of San Francisco, the Inn on Broadway is within walking distance of the legendary Cable Car route, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown and our City's famous 'Crookedest Street'. The Inn on Broadway's spacious rooms include: Flat Screen TVs, In-room microwave & fridge, Modern and newly renovated rooms, In-room coffee and tea, FREE Hi-speed wireless Internet access, Expanded Cable TV with HBO, CNN, ESPN100% Non-smoking rooms, Iron & ironing boards, Direct dial phones with dataport. The Inn on Broadway is a quality approved member of AAA and the San Francisco Convention and Visitor's Bureau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inn on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Broadway Hotel San Francisco
- Broadway Manor Hotel
- Broadway Manor San Francisco