“Weekend get away”
Review of Castle Inn

Castle Inn
Ranked #107 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is the second time staying here, and if your looking for a basic room without the fancy stuff, then this is the place for you.
The rooms are clean and nothing fancy. It's a good place to sleep in. Check in was no problem If you have AAA you can get a discount. Front desk is very informative and give you a map with the popular spots highlighted.
The location is great. Minutes away from russian hill and china town. The trolly is about two blocks away and will take you straight to the pier or the market place. Many pubs and restaurants surrounding the hotel.
I would definitely come back a third time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed couple of days here in June. The room was very nice & clean with all the needed amneties. We left the car for free parking and walked/used buses. The location was indeed quite nice and centric. We kinda liked the wharf and the walk there was manageable :) The service was great! They helped us to book the needed tours and googled stuff for us. The pool was the only one thing missing as it happened to be quite hot (unusual to Frisco :P).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Nothing special but with the parking included it seems like a good deal. Clean and nice, the parking garage however seemed like it could be better secured. I was a
Iittle concerned with the safety of my car. Overall ok but not great.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The Castle Inn was a bit of a mixed bag for us. Compared to other hotels and motels in San Francisco, they offer rooms for a decent price and the motel is located in a safe street, almost right between Fisherman's Wharf and the Union Square area. The clerk gave us helpful advice and overall we had an okay stay but it isn't exactly a quiet place. We could hear every single footstep from the room above us loud and clearly, and our room itself while big wasn't in great shape -- the rug looked even downright awful. We probably would stay again but only if we can't find better alternatives.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sloane83
Reviewed May 28, 2011

this hotel is convenient to everything. We left our car at the hotel (free of charge) and walked or bussed everywhere. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I would recommend it to anyone. The breakfast was not the best, but there are markets and restaurants in the neighborhood. We also felt very safe walking any where we went.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jcl60745
Reviewed May 19, 2011

The Office Clerk that was on duty for the first 3 days of our stay was rude, unfriendly, and not at all helpful. The room was clean and location was O.K., close to bus line and within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf. The desk clerk was stingy with breakfast, not replacing offferings when empty unless asked. Also, was in no hurry to put breakfast out, and made several guests stand outside to wait. When I asked if she knew any good places to eat nearby, she said no. I was charged for an additional day that I had not reserved and she said she would ask owner about a credit. Told me she would let me know at check out, but she was off by then and had told next clerk nothing. (Which was no surprise.) This second clerk was very nice and helpful, and within an hour had called me and told me I would get the credit. There was also 3 telephone calls charged to my room that I did not make (I just use my cellphone as I'm sure most travellers do) This was taken off my bill with no argument. Overall, the first clerk made the stay uncomfortable and the second clerk was great. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2011

When we arrived to check in the front desk clerk was very friendly. Our only concern was parking our big pickup truck, at first we thought it wasn't going to fit in their parking garage but it did fit. If you have a vehicle that is taller than 6.5' you will have a problem. The room was pretty clean. Our stay was good.....nothing fancy but it serves its purpose, this is how all unexpensive hotels should be. If I had to stay there again...I wouldn't mind. If you're planning on walking to the wharf from the hotel I recommend getting a cab on your way back to the hotel because it is tiring walking back if you've already walked for several hours at the wharf.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple