My boyfriend & I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights during a Californian road trip and can honestly say it was a great find! When looking for other hotels in the area the already exorbitant rates were then pushed up again when you added on the cost of parking – especially on a nightly basis for 4 nights - which made the free parking here invaluable and the rates were already very reasonable. The other great thing about this hotel is the location – just a few blocks from the touristy Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf but as the hotel advised us – it also has a bus stop right outside for the Number 30 bus which takes you downtown through China Town, Union Square and all the way down to a few blocks from the San Francisco Giants Baseball Park – which was very handy for us! It costs just 2 Dollars a ride and this will last a few hours so don’t do what we did and pay every time (even then it was still a great, cheap way to get around).
The rooms were dated in décor but had all modern amenities you would expect such as tea/coffee, toiletries, a flat screen TV and so on and it was very clean. The bed was massive and one of the most comfortable we had on our whole visit. We were on the 2 floor facing the street with a balcony (and a view of the Coit Tower and Transamerica Pyramid Center) and I was worried at first it may be noisy from the road outside but this turned out to not be an issue and the road quietened down completely by the time we went to bed.
All in all a great value hotel and comfortable stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Columbus Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Columbus Hotel San Francisco
- Columbus Motel San Francisco
- Columbus Motor Inn San Francisco