$189
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $273/night.

$390
$213
$221
InterContinental
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $296/night.

$210
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

$280
$225
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $323/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$472
$220
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $332/night.

$209
$199
Priceline
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $294/night.

1,310 results
All reviewsfree parkingpat's cafecoit towerfisherman's wharfcable cargreat locationlombard streetwithin walking distancesmall balconybus stop rightfew blockswashington squarealcatraz ferryfamily suiteseparate bedroomlarge flat screen tvthird floor
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the Columbus Motor Inn, it is close enough to Fisherman's wharf, North Beach, & China Town to walk; also very close to the trams and there is a bus stop right outside. It also has free parking, although there aren't loads of spaces. My room was nice- the bathroom would have benefited greatly from a lick of paint- it wasn't unclean just worn and shabby looking- it actually looked like the room had been renovated but the bathroom hadn't! My room faced the front street- it was a bit noisy from traffic etc but nothing ear plugs wouldn't shut out.

My only gripe was the guy on the front desk when I checked in was rather surly, I then had problems with both key cards- wouldn't open the room door- had to go back and he said 'Nothing wrong with the keys'- and put them through the programmer again and lo and behold they worked this time- but I felt he should've said something along the lines of 'Sorry for the inconvenience, don't know what was up but they should work now'; I'd just come off a long from and really didn't need that sort of attitude- I know its nothing major but it did wind me up.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Never having been to SF, I did a lot of research before our trip. Decent hotels in the desirable parts of town were so expensive and then with our rental car, most were going to charge an additional $40+ a night for parking. After hours of research I was frustrated and confused, and I finally came across the reviews for the Columbus Motor Inn. It looked okay and had free parking. The price was reasonable for summer and for being near fisherman's wharf and ghiradelli square. I called to book it and was very pleased with the customer service.

When we arrived, we had much the same impression. It is not a fancy place, but it was always clean, quiet and comfortable with free parking and a helpful front desk staff. We did not have a view, but as we were touring all day, it was not a problem. The location was walkable to several areas, when we didn't want to worry about driving and parking. The only problem we encountered was not the motel at all, it was with trying to use the public transit system, which was not running as posted and gave us a long walk back one night. We sure were glad to see the Columbus Motor Inn that night!

All in all, I think based on all the research I did, this is the best all around value in SF. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KSC77
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We got a 2-room suite, as we were traveling with our soon. The rooms were both quite spacious, and pristinely clean. Add free parking, great location, and very reasonable pricing, and we were delighted with this motor in.

It is NOT a luxury hotel. There is no lobby - just a front desk. It's on a commercial street -- as are all the hotels near Fisherman's Wharf.**

But the suite rooms were large, well-designed, and sunny. The room had all the typical amenities, including an iron, hair-dryer, and safe.

We were very happy.

**(There is a gentlemen's club on the next block - but we never saw a single person exiting or entering. In fact, the club hosted a large Union & Pacific gas utility party on our last night. So we saw a lot of high-end catering staff that one night.)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelingWithCharlie
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom suite for our family on our visit to San Francisco. The rooms were large and well furnished. The location is very convenient to the waterfront, cable cars, telegraph hill, and many other tourist attractions. And the free parking is a fantastic and rare luxury. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barry B
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! It is in the perfect location to get to any tourist attraction. Walking distance to fisherman's wharf where you could pick up any tour. There is a bike rental next door also. Trader Joe's was walking distance too (this made us happy for inexpensive healthy snacks and meals). The price was great and the room was clean and spacious. No complaints! If you are looking for location and a great deal- this is your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple