“home away from home”
Review of Francisco Bay Inn

Francisco Bay Inn
Ranked #146 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I am working in San francisco and stay 4 days a week at Francisco bay inn. I have never been happier with a hotel in my life. The staff is great and go out of thier way to take care of you. I will never stay anywhere else on my trips to SF.

Mike Keeney from Fresno Ca

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Francisco Bay Inn

Reviewed February 19, 2010

The room was very cozy, clean and comfortable. The hotel's cheap and I liked a lot the neighborhood.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tatirj
Reviewed February 17, 2010

It's an old traveler's hotel on US 101, but it's been well maintained and renovated. The rates are great! The rooms are clean. The bed is comfortable. Our bathroom was huge. There was a nice work area in the room. We found the hotel's wifi to be great in the mornings, but very slow in the evenings. There are several open wi-fi networks in the area that you can log onto instead when that happens. The hotel has parking, but we took the bus everywhere -- the hotel is a short walk from many bus lines. About the only thing we didn't like about the room was that they didn't use fitted bottom sheets, and for me that's a very minor issue. Overall, a great place to stay. We loved it and we'll stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank myreallastname
Reviewed January 28, 2010

After staying in two other more expensive rat trips........we were very pleasantly surprised and pleased with Francisco Bay Inn. The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. We were close to shopping, the Wharf and other places we want to see. The bonus in this area (after checking numerous other places on the web) was they had free parking. Granted not a lot of spaces, but we were able to get one. The price was great and the staff friendly and accomodating. We will use them again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Krsrowdy
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed in the Francisco Bay Inn for two nights. The hotel was CLEAN and the bed was comfortable. The trolley was just up the road but we were close enough to walk to many of the sites that SF has to offer. The complimentary breakfast was small, but the coffe was excellent and the donuts were fresh. They also had fruit (banana's and oranges). We got the $49.00 non-rufundable rate since our plans were fixed and not going to change, but they also had a $59 rate as well. If you just showed up, I think it was more so book on-line. We don't need fancy, but it was really important to have CLEAN and this place fulfilled that requirement. We met with some frinds from out of town and they stayed in the room next to ours and it was just as clean and comfortable. Both rooms had TV's (although I didn't watch it much). They also had a travel tips book that described things to do in the area and they included many phone numbers. The staff was pretty friendly and they offered to set up tours as well as the shuttle service back to the airport. Coming from the airport, we took a taxi which ran about $40! I would advise getting the hotel to arrange a shuttle to pick you up from the airport. That only ran about $15. Our rooms were 204 and 205 and were not directly on the street so they were fairly quiet. Although the door to 204 opened up directly in front of the elevator, I didn't notice a lot of people using it. The hotel has parking spaces but I don't know if they were free or if you had to pay extra.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruluckie
Reviewed December 10, 2009

We spent four nights at Francisco Bay Inn, the room was very clean , the location was convienient to the wharf, quite a few restaurants within a 15 min walk. Our biggest problem was the lack of hot water in the shower, the taps had been fixed so the water temperature was cool, On the first night .I asked for the problem to be looked at, and I was told I was not using the tap correctly and they would show be how to use the tap ! , the second night the lady told me quite sharply that the problem had been resolved and someone would be up to show me how to use the tap. After being asked if they would like to bathe in tepid water, they removed the faucet cover and adjusted something and the water temp did increase to where you could take a shower at a decent temperature. On our fourth day we returned to our room to find a guy replacing the faucet cover and the water temperature was back to cool again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I thought this was a clean and affordable option in a great area. The hotel is close to Union Street, Chestnut Street, the waterfront, the Presidio and Van Ness Avenue. I was concerned about the quality given a rate of $46 but the room was clean and bright. The bathroom was spacious and functional. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and a basic (no plasma or lcd) tv. The only small issue I came across was that the remote did not work.

There is free parking in the lot and a slow elevator if you are on the upper floors. Although the motel is on a busy section of Lombard I did not have any noise issues. I could not check in before 2PM but otherwise service was fine and efficient.

If you are not looking for luxury accommodations and want to be in a central location I would highly recommend the Francisco Bay Inn. I noticed they were booked full both nights so consider that when making arrangements however.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo