“I Definetly Recommend it, Best deal for San Francisco Pier Area”
Review of Francisco Bay Inn

Francisco Bay Inn
Ranked #149 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The price is great, 99.00 weekdays, 179 weekends, Great deal, EXTREMELY CLEAN, Comfy beds, This area is so darn expensive and we had a hard time finding something reasonable. This place is nice for the money, Really close to the pier and attractions are all relatively close, drive 4 blocks east and you run right into lombard street. Free parking allowed us to use the car every day, breakfast is primitive but ok if you like muffins and a donut, Coffee is really good though. Just note the picture of the room on the net is the larger room, NOT the ones on the upper floors, Be careful there! We got the smaller room and we told them and they immediately put us in room 101 next to the office. People are nice and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martinhod

Reviewed September 20, 2009

The room was clean, but very poky. Good location to Fisherman's Wharf and easy access to public transport. Not a lot of facilities.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I really think that if you consider yourself in the category of high maintenance or easily complains, you might not want to stay here. I can understand why some people would give bad reviews. But honestly the place isn't bad at all. If you want something spectacular, go stay somewhere else. I had my reservations about the bad reviews. But upon getting there, the place was not bad at all.

There was free parking, our only interaction with the front desk was checking in and checking out. We had iphones and a map, and that figured out the rest for us. Theres a really nice breakfast place to the west of Lombard called Cafe Golo to go eat. The room was ample sized, we had two beds. The beds were comfy. There was an odd smell at first, but it quickly went away as the room aired out. The bathroom was very large and very clean. Im a very light sleeper and thought the noise would bother me, but it really wasnt bad compared to how it could have been. I thought we would be hearing the fog horn all night. But that was not the case at all. Just cars driving fast, which would happen anywhere! I do recommend that you avoid the elevator though. Its tiny and confusing. The room we had, had a microwave and mini fridge in it. A large TV with cable too.

You can walk two or three blocks up the hill and go to the crooked part of Lombard street, you can also catch a trolley there. We found lots of yummy places to eat a little down south around Polk and Union. You're within walking distance to the Fishermans Wharf, which is then walking distance to North beach and Chinatown. We took a bus very close from the Inn into Union Square. I think several buses ran back to the hotel also though. We did drive to the Mission area and to Golden Gate park because it was a little further away.

If you have no problem paying more somewhere else, go ahead. But we really enjoyed staying at this place because it had everything we needed, and the price was probably the best we could find that wasn't horrible. We booked through staysf.com and all the other similar Inns had pretty good reviews. Just depends on where you want to stay and how much you want to pay. I dont think Id have a problem staying here again if I had to!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chikizz
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We read some negative reviews here so weren't sure what to expect. But we were pleasantly surprised - the room was clean, comfortable and well equipped and the location excellent. There was some traffic noise, but not to an extent that it stopped us sleeping. Service was fine though we didn't have any problems to deal with. Free parking was a bonus. We didn't spend much time in the hotel itself but it was a great base to explore San Francisco from - walking distance from Fisherman's Wharf area if you want the touristy stuff and 0-2 blocks from 3 or 4 excellent bus routes into downtown and out towards the Golden Gate bridge. We didn't use our car the whole time we were there.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I was really dissapointed with this hotel. It was outrageously overpriced but we booked late and this was all that was left in the area. The front desk was unprofessional and the rooms left a lot to be desired. I'll stay at a Travelodge or Motel 6 before I stay here again. I'm not hard to please but this place was terrible.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2009

You get what you pay for here... the room smelled like old wet weather (what you would expect from a hotel near the bay I suppose). Once you get used to the smell, it's hard to ignore the sound of the upstairs neighbor's toilet flushing and the subsequent water trickling down the pipes in your walls- maybe someone just forgot to insulate the pipes? The bed was terribly uncomfortable. Of course, there's no place like home, but we could feel the springs in the mattress- we would have expected more from a "newly renovated" room. Another frustration- the "free wireless internet" as advertised was something we counted on to be able to plan our daily activities, find directions, restaurants etc, and the internet does not work. The only page we were able to bring up on our laptop was the Francisco Bay Inn home page, which never even full loaded.
Pros: The bathroom was clean, the parking was free, the staff was friendly enough, and we didn't have to sleep out in the cold on the sidewalk.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

So I went there and I was not expecting much but I did not pay much so that's allright. The thing that bug me the most was the day prior to leaving I asked if they could CALL me a taxi to take me to the airport the next morning. So the next morning I check out and I realize that they did not call a taxi for me but they scheduled an employee to take me to the airport with his filthy car and charge 50$ cash ( that's illegal by the way in SFO ). So I had to call a REAL taxi driver to take me to the airport and it cost me 40$ instead, and the cab was clean. Other than that if you're only looking for a place to stay for a night it's not too bad has long as you take care of calling a taxi yourself. But if you're looking to go there with your girlfriend on vacation you should look elsewhere.

By the way there is a 25$ deposit when you check in .

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business