“**First time in San Francisco**” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Francisco Bay Inn

You added Francisco Bay Inn to your Saves list
Francisco Bay Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1501 Lombard St, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina District)   |
Ranked #121 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
“**First time in San Francisco**”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I loved the hotel clean rooms, and great customer service. They also provide free breakfast, and free wifi. And most important free parking in and out available. I will definitely be going back soon.
It is close to Fisherman's Wharf. Price is good not that expensive why stay at a high cost hotel if you can use that money on all the activities at Pier 39.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

It's obvious they're trying to make the place better, but it still falls short. Decor is terribly outdated, but the bedspreads and curtains are fairly new. Room and bathroom were very clean, but the sinks and vanity were in very poor cosmetic condition. Advertised wi-fi barely worked - I could get a few emails but no websites would work on iPad or Kindle. Coffee in the morning was instant (really!) with pastries and packaged oatmeal and toast. The location was relatively convenient to visiting Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, but it was still a 20 minute walk to any decent restaurants. The staff was pleasant and the room was a decent size (4th floor, yes there was a view of the GG bridge from the outdoor hallway, but our room had a view of the roof of the neighboring building. Noisy with windows open, but they provided earplugs in the room. Yes, parking was free (a huge plus) but don't try to fit in a larger car. The worst of all were the beds - I could literally feel the springs and had to sleep with a pillow under my hips for support. Sheets are cheep, yet the bathroom towels were not bad. Overall, a really mixed bag. We actually had reservations (and had paid for) two nights, but left to go back home by mid-afternoon...I couldn't handle sleeping another night in that bed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Mokena, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a long weekend in May. The room was spacious, clean and conveniently located. We were able to pick up public transportation a block away (a plus since we didn't rent a car) and we had many helpful suggestions from the front desk personnel on how to get places such as Chinatown, the Giants ballpark, Golden Gate Bridge etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcy P
morro bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I forgot it was a holiday weekend and graduations on top of it, so when I tried booking hotel rooms for a reasonable price, I was having a really difficult time finding anything that wasn't totally creepy for under $200/night. After four hours of searching, I found this hotel and grabbed it. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! While not the Ritz, it was definitely acceptable, and even though it is located on a very busy street, once you close the windows, the noise level goes down considerably. My husband and I stayed there four nights and were quite comfortable. The bed, linens, shower stream were all of good quality. The front desk staff were very accommodating. The free parking is a big plus in that city! The negatives were the breakfast foods and coffee, yuk! And the water temperature kept varying while showering, so that was a little annoying. Some young people came in around 1 AM and continued partying in the parking lot and on the walkways by our doors for about an hour, but I guess that wasn't the hotel's fault. Otherwise, our stay was certainly acceptable. I would go back.

Room Tip: Third floor is away from the noise a little more. I would request it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gl0ria777
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Upon checking into this hotel I was told a deposit of $25 was necessary and would be charged seperate from the room. Also that this deposit would be refunded in about two weeks after checking out. I checked out on January 14, 2014, have emailed them three times with no response, today is May 29, 2014. The room was adequate, the sweet rolls and coffee did not qualify as breakfast. Beware of this "deposit scam".

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Betty A
Cheshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The location was great and the tour bus stops outside the hotel. We had a view from our room of the Golden Gate Bridge which was fab. The only downside to this hotel was the WiFi in our room. It was very weak if it worked at all. Overall this hotel was nice and clean in a good safe location with great views.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at the Francisco Bay Inn for two nights following our cruise. The hotel is dated but that is really the only negative thing I can say. The front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. The room like I said was dated but was very clean. We had absolutely no issues with cleanliness. We requested a feather free room and that is what we got and an added touch was that when we returned to the room for the evening they had brought in extra blankets without us requesting them. The location of the hotel is good for such things as Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 but a bit of a hike to Chinatown, Nob Hill and other such places. I can't say much about the continental breakfast as there was not much there to say anything about. Overall the price was great and the value for the dollar was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple