“Avoid. Flies everywhere. No wifi. Terrible staff.”
Review of Francisco Bay Inn

Francisco Bay Inn
Ranked #149 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Avoid. Flies everywhere in the room, don't know where they were coming from. No wifi - no signal, despite being told it worked, wouldn't work on anything (laptop / iPad). Terrible staff - didn't care, wouldn't provide another suitable room.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We vacationed in San Fransico for 3 days in May 2012 and stayed at the Francisco Bay Inn. The Front desk help was very friendly and helpful. Nice clean room and No charge for parking. Walking to Fisherman's Wharf, Trolley cars, shopping and eating was very convenient from the hotel. We will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed at this property last weekend. Easy check in. Nice clean room. Good Parking on property too. No Charge for parking either.

This is my 1st time. I would stay here again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: Some higher rooms have a view of the area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Alan W
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I will stay here again. It was good value for the price, especially if you need (or want) parking, a refrigerator and microwave, and free Internet. The location works for me, too. it is an easy walk to Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Whole Foods, and bus lines. My room was very clean and had a large, recently-remodelled bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, not facing Lombard, because it will be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Susan C
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Where do I start ! Well how about every floor flooded including stairways. Wet stairways. Broken elevator so you have to climb 4 floors to your room. Dirty sheets, and bathroom, dressing table wallpaper and bathroom cabinet in ill repair doors falling off. Trying to grab coffee and it is instant with a spoon in it for multiple users. What about trying to get a donut at the front desk and have the carpenters and elevator repair people go before you. Breakfast is as other reviewers said on a small counter in office. Bananas were green, there is no place to sit and eat you have to bring back to your room.

We had to leave unexpectedly because of a family death and they would not refund our last day. We stayed two of our three days thinking we would make the most of it. We reserved superior king rooms, but were given double bed and when asked them why they offered no reason. Just said well you got two beds......we wanted the King Room we reserved.

We left so fast because of our family members death that we forgot our car and house keys in the room. We called the hotel to try and recover them and were told that the maids have a separate office that is only open 8am to 4 pm. The manager and front desk people have no idea what is lost or put in lost and found only the maid. So no one else is aware of things lost or able to recover them for you.

Noisy street, no restaurants that are affordable within 7 blocks. This hotel is a 7 block up and down hike to the wharf and other activities. Office staff are not at all helpful or friendly. There are other afordable hotels nearby. Holiday Inn , Holiday Inn Express, Sheraton, and Radisson pay a little more and be closer to the activities. San Francisco weather can be cloudy cold and windy walking can be unpleasant.

I have stayed all over the world including Europe, Mexico, and Middle East this is the worse ever. We would have stayed our three days had not the death occurred. They absolutely refused to refund our last day stay, so if you book be prepared to stay or loose. Very rude and bad business practices.

Room Tip: Stay close to wharf pay a little more, it is worth it. Radissson, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hugette C
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed the last weekend of February 2012... For one night. That night after lying down for the night I began to itch on my arm where I found 4 small welt kind of marks. The next day they continued to itch after we checked out a friend told me that bed bugs usually bite in 3 or more in a row. After finding this out I researched "bed bugs" seemed lie what I was dealing with. A Monday dr appointment confirmed IT WAS INDEED BED BUGS. I contacted the manager she said she would call the exterminator to confirm and get back to be regarding a refund. To date they have given me the run around and I've never received a call back. Not to mention the hotel smelled so strongly of marijuana! And we had to double park and wait for that car to be moved in the morning to get out!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Deanne3442
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Ok, the rooms are big but I would prefer smaller one's who are really clean and neat!!!
The top of our small table next to the bed was sticky.
Also the strong smell of the room was very irritating, I guess it was the cleaning powders or somewhat.
The breakfast they are offering is kind of poor, on a small table in their office.

Anyway the staff was very friendly and the location is good. I also liked the organic soap bars they had in the bathroom.
It was fine for us to stay there for one night but I would not want stay there for much longer, I am sorry.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple