$380
$213
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

$217
$179
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $256/night.

$189
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$214
InterContinental
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $302/night.

$218
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$241
$215
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $390/night.

$221
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

$183
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

$209
$199
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $294/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$475
$220
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $367/night.

All reviewsfree pancakestore luggagetea and coffeehot showerunion squarelaundry facilitieslocation is greatnice stayplug
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

We had a 2-night stay here and were quite satisfied. Small advice: bring some fruits for the breakfast. The hostel offers pancakes and you can easily top up :) the rooms have been very clean and in my opinion it's been a very good place to stay due to its central location and comparatively decent pricing.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

The hostel is cheap and the rooms are clean. That's as much positive I have to share about this place.

Unfortunately the management is difficult to get hold of and very inflexible in terms of your booking.
We communicated our check-out dates upon booking whereas the management thought that we would stay including the night of the date stated. As the reception staff is not authorised to deal with this kind of minor misunderstanding, this resulted in a number of emails back and forth and us eventually having to pay for the extra night even though we presented our flight tickets a proof that we wouldn't even be in the country. We stayed a total of 15 nights and notified the staff about this upon check-in, so you'd expect that there would be plenty of time to rent it out to other people instead.

The icing on the cake was that we saw a mouse in the basement kitchen.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christof K
Reviewed May 1, 2017

1) The staff members were grumpy --each one of them Then they lied to me. I booked airport shuttle in the evening. Then after one hour, due to some tour cancellation I had to change plans and requested them to cancel and refund shuttle deposit. They lied that shuttle office was closed and they could not cancel--so deposit could not be refunded. I called myself and found shuttle office open. When i told them so, they still did not refund the deposit, but just cancelled the shuttle pick-up. They told me that according to hostel rules, they could not refunds the deposit. Next morning i reported this again to another senior staff member -- he refunded me the deposit after i questioned him if they could not do anything other than apologizing.
2) I found that my food stored in the refrigerator was stolen-- frankly i have never encountered this in any of my hostel stays. Overall, i will never stay in this place again. By the way, they take a 10 usd key deposit, which was not mentioned during booking.Then the pillow covers etc had hair in it.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

4 of us visiting from Australia. Stayed in a private room with own bathroom . The place is basic , but clean and served its purpose providing a clean comfy bed to stay in . It was quiet and in a good location . We caught the train from the Airport and got off Powell street and walked to the hostel. Friendly service and would stay again .

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank redgy87
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I was expecting this place to be what it is, well located but not clean (especially the smelly carpets). The atmosphere was weird too, especially at the make-yourself-pancake breakfast. But I had read that in other reviews. What I wasn't expecting was the awkward and insensitive situation I went through with the staff.

As I was checking in, the guy at reception saw that I, another man, as he probably thought, had my nails painted. He then inquired:

- was that a bet you lost?

Not only did that make the situation very uncomfortable, it was aggressive and very uncalled for. I would expect that in a city like San Francisco diversity would be respected, but that was not the case.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends