“Don't ever stay at the Nob Hill Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Nob Hill Hotel

Nob Hill Hotel
Ranked #151 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Miami
“Don't ever stay at the Nob Hill Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We came for leisure to SF for 3 nights, upon arrival at midnight the clerk could not find our reservation, finally around 2 am he gave us a room with a non working shower, the hotel was dirty, dilapidated, noisy, on the morning they asked us to vacate since they were full!
Then upon exiting the hotel the clerk said that they had a room for us, upon this very unpleasant experience and the general condition of this low quality boutique hotel I realized that it is worth to spend the extra bucks and stay at a well know chain hotel. We checked it at the Holiday Inn in Fisherman's wharf and we were so happy we did!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Nob Hill Hotel should not be listed at all as an option to stay in this beautiful city.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. When i booked the hotel and saw the comments here i was kinda worried. Im usually going to Marriott hotels, I know those everywhere the same.
I think the hotel is in a great place, however you really have to go through a few blocks full with crazy and homeless ppl. (depends from which way are walking ) Not even 10 minutes walking from center and just a few minutes from the street car stop.
The hotel room is REALLY small, but simple and nice and if you r going to see the city and just using the hotel for sleeping I think its perfect. The bathroom is also nice. Bad thing: not all the rooms have AC.. we didnt have..
I had breakfast just once at thotel, cause its really simple (fruits,OJ,milk, ceral,croissant) and they have like 4-5 tables so I rather passed by a starbucks.
My only problem was that they charged for 260 bucks for something and i had to call them a few times to gave it back to me...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Millbrae, California
Reviewed August 26, 2010

At first, I thought that it was a joke, but it wasn't April Fool's day, but I felt like a fool for being sucked in by this place! The lobby was the best part of the stay, and even it was dirty and old! My room looked like they hadn't changed the furniture or fixtures since they built the place, and they built the place a very, very long time ago. The bathroom had this tiny little tub that looked like it was made for a 5-year old, and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a month of Sundays! I cannot for the life of me figure out how in the holy heck this hotel ever got a 3-star rating - it shouldn't have even received one - and I think that's being nice!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank etblv

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 7, 2010

If you're used to the Sheraton or Hilton, best to pass this one by. I booked this hotel through Travelocity's Top Secret Hotels (they did a little bait and switch on me--showed this property as having a higher guest rating before I bid than it actually had). So the price was right. But I wouldn't spend more than $80/night to stay here, even with San Fran's high rates.

My spouse and I stayed here for a few days to celebrate our 5th anniversary. I thought we were getting a queen-size bed, but it was closer to full size. The room was one of the smallest on the floor (room 503). It was pretty antiquated, with no AC, which you can expect from this type of SF "boutique" hotel. There was a small fridge and free internet access. The elevator was working when we visited but it's definitely from a bygone age--this can be a positive or negative depending on your tastes. The continental breakfast was basic. The bathroom was fine, updated and clean. Front desk was friendly enough on the weekend. Maid service was OK but on our 2nd night I saw a cockroach scuttle across our fridge.

Parking is $20/night if you cut a deal with the nearby parking garage. Best to avoid the hotel's valet service--we chatted with another hotel patron who'd had her car dented by the employee parking it.

My biggest complaint would be that this hotel is located closer to the Tenderloin district than Nob Hill. The Tenderloin is not a particularly safe part of town, as pointed out to me by one of the area's denizens as I took my wallet out at a bus stop to get out a couple bucks for the MUNI. My husband was with me at the time, and this local citizen warned me that I'd better keep my wallet and purse out of sight because "this is crackhouse row" and "things happen down here." Needless to say, I took his advice.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WDCLARK
salt lake city
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Marketed as quaint, victorian hotel in Nob Hill. NOT!!! Closer to Tenderloin area. Booked 2 rooms through Last Minute Travel - big mistake. We had 2 of the smallest room we have ever stayed in and we have traveled all over the world. A dourble bed, even though we requested 4 weeks in advance a queen. 1 nightstand, an old wardrobe with 2 hangers, no coffee maker - definitely not for 2 people. Bathrooms were small, but at least clean "Continental" breakfast was cheap coffee, Lipton tea with cold croissants and bread, OJ in a small, crowded space. The fooms had old fashioned windows, were stuffy, and the noise loud and constant. Could not wait to get out of there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mcfro
Katy, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The hotel was AWEFUL! The first thing we noticed when pulling up to the hotel were two prostitutes standing on the next corner. Added to the fact that there was a "vacancy" sign over the door, it led one to believe that the hotel was rented "by-the-hour." Additionally, there was an old television and dirty mattress laying on the sidewalk right outside the front entrance. The hotel was old and dirty - VERY SHABBY. We had to walk up three flights of stairs with our luggage because the one old-fashioned elevator was broken. The room was TINY, requiring us to nearly have to turn sideways to walk around the bed. The window locks were broken, and the hotel did not have any air conditioning. My husband and I changed hotels the next morning, moving to the Sheratorn (about one block from Fisherman's Wharf) and were very pleased with our decision. Yuck and double Yuck!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple