The Best Western Americania is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The Reception Staff are rude and unhelpful. We arrived after traveling for 18 plus hours from Australia at 2:30pm in the afternoon to be abrutly told that we had to come back at 3:00pm to check in because there were no rooms ready for guests, although the couple before us who were on the same flight had no problems in checking in half an hour early. When we went back to check-in we were informed that we had queen bed, although our booking was for a room for two adults. When I point this out to the Staff member she was abrupt and rude in her reply to us and continued in this manner during the entire check-in process. The room we final got was on the second floor facing the court yard. We found the noise level disturbing both at night and in the morning when the cleaning staff commenced work. We also experienced a number of days on leaving the room at 9:30am - 10:00 am and returning at 3:00 - 3:30 pm to find that the room had not been clean and having to wait around for this to be done. This was also my first experience of a Best Western Hotel and will also be last. The room although clean and comfortable lacked a fridge and storage space for belongings (two draws only). Sorry Best Western Americania you just didn't leave us with any found memories of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western PLUS Americania Hotel is a 143-room boutique hotel with a fun and amusing design of understaed references to classic American pasttimes. With guest rooms, meeting space and the Custom Burger and Lounge located on site, the hotel provides a San Francisco hotel experience well suited for vacationers, families, and business travelers alike and is the ideal setting for small business meetings and social functions.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Americania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western