I stayed here one night before meeting up with a tour group for my vacation. I'm glad I didn't stay any longer. The first impression is good; the lobby is clean and contemporary and the front desk staff is very friendly. But that's about the only good thing there is to say. After leaving the lobby, you find a very old, musty and rundown building. Once i got to my room, I was extremely disappointed to find out that my room, along with what seems like most other rooms, only faces an interior courtyard. This courtyard is not some beautiful, large landscaped courtyard. It was a small, concrete covered space with a single tree in the middle. And other rooms lined every wall, so if you wanted some sunshine through the ONLY window in your room, everybody else was going to see into your room. The room was not appealing either. It was very small, and dirty. For $160 a night, I expected to have a mini fridge in the room. No mini fridge and NO COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST. It's hard to find a hotel nowadays that does not have a complimentary breakfast, especially when paying this much. There was a curtain covering the closet in my room that was covered in dust at the top of it. I don't think it had ever been cleaned. The next morning, it took me about 10 minutes before I could get any hot water in the shower. And when I did, the shower head was almost a trickle. I was just glad that I was only there one night. I stayed in a super 8 motel a few days later for $52 a night, and I liked it better than this hotel. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western PLUS Americania Hotel is a 143-room boutique hotel with a fun and amusing design of understaed references to classic American pasttimes. With guest rooms, meeting space and the Custom Burger and Lounge located on site, the hotel provides a San Francisco hotel experience well suited for vacationers, families, and business travelers alike and is the ideal setting for small business meetings and social functions.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Best Western and Despegar.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Americania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western