Positives first .
The Americania is centrally located near the Muni Station and close to Market St so public transportation was ++++. This is a 70's hotel that has been redone in a cool hipster motif. The staff was very helpful with any issues my party had. Custom Burger which is attached to hotel was very good for a burger place very Umami Burger if you are familar
DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 205 it is next to elevator and ice machine and the fitness center is five feet away they will wake you up with their banging on the treadmill. I am sure the staff have heard all this before. But try to rent it to see if you do not complain. I had to move because the noise was horrible. Next day staff member Jazmine moved me to third floor much quieter she was my go to girl when I need help. Thanks so much. Overnight parking is 25 dollars a night with in and out privileges. Location for some may seem a bit rough but this is SF and their are homeless everywhere at least they are not aggressive like in other cities. Room did not have accessible receptacles to plug in equipment next to bed I have a sleep apnea machine and had to move the attached headboard to access recep to plug in. WIFI reception in both of my rooms was unacceptable only saving grace was that one room had ethernet cable but not my second room. If you are doing business and need WIFI I do not recommend staying here. If you are traveling with friends and like being close to SOMA and all of its night life but not directly in it. You will find it acceptable. Oh yes did find a used bandage in my room on the floor YUCK!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western PLUS Americania Hotel is a 143-room boutique hotel with a fun and amusing design of understaed references to classic American pasttimes. With guest rooms, meeting space and the Custom Burger and Lounge located on site, the hotel provides a San Francisco hotel experience well suited for vacationers, families, and business travelers alike and is the ideal setting for small business meetings and social functions.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Americania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western